[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:57 am

AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:42 am

Then eroded walls will do that in a maze... they can get in the way of lining things up. It wasn't really bad today, I saw worse in a DERP a while back... still I bought the ENDISWAL, because it just makes life simpler. Binlor prep is more about turning the maze into a huge hole (I remember Tinker posting logs where she used a huge pile of the resistance stripping boon, removing all the walls at level one, then she'd convert out and kill a level 4 to start off (probably in part by pushing into a boss... choosing and placing your chain monsters beside the boss is part of the "explore everything first" plan when knockback is around))), where you have access to everything and can use black space efficiently. And there was magic users on the level, they helped determine my plans because there was a lot of popcorn dragon spawn. Still the lack of serious magic damage just means one thing... Binlor's altar is going to get sacked (unless you bought some resistance elsewhere). Which just makes choosing him even better.

BUNDAYRAZ is typically less efficient with Orcs... learn how to use PISORF, it really is good (I notice that someone has put Knockback in with the General Concepts on the wiki... that shows you how key to the game it is).

Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:06 pm

So how did you use PISORF today? Most of the walls were gone, and the last boss was by the edge.
Did you WETWUT him somewhere? I do not remember, I think I converted that glyph relatively early seeing that I had no blackspace left.
AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:32 pm

Yeah, I kept teleport until I found the other boss... because it was clear he was hiding, and so probably was in a place where I would want to move him. I put him beside one of the big monsters, used knockback between them that for a level catapult, then through a couple walls (doing over 100 damage thanks to might) to use another large monster for an anvil. He didn't have much left at that point, so it was mostly basic melee/red on that boss. Rex really got most of the PISORF/blue fighting.
Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:44 am

A really easy dungeon today. I guess the RNG is going to do something nasty tomorrow :)
AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:30 am

* Halfling Warlord in the Berserker Camp *

Yeah, it was so easy that even though I screwed up many times, I still got the early top XP.

Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:10 am

The gnome bloodmage yesterday was not bad (I am not sure if I could do a dwarf bloodmage as easily).
I only reached level 7, and I was all out of blackspace. I could reach level 8 using bloodpools, I guess, but
I just went for the bosses.

Dwarf Rogue today, hm... another lucky combination.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:16 am

Dwarf Rogue on Magma Mines

I hate dwarfs... it is hard to decide early what to convert, and then when I convert stuff at the end, I cannot fill up my HP since there is no blackspace left. Ofc it still helps via levelling / 40% refills / etc.

It is such a weak bonus overall, +2hp for 80CP. Why does Elf pay 70CP for 1 mana, which is way stronger, but dwarf pays 80CP for a measely 2hp? Dwarfs must be really weak on Vicious +VT runs.

I was scared the whole run that Rex was about to show up :)

AvovA17

Postby Magic Rabbit on Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:04 am

etis atis animatis
Magic Rabbit

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons