[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby rambert iv on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:59 pm

The Vampire early and mid-game was not very smooth. No good bloodcows, a bunch of undead. But in the end the real power of the Vampire came to the surface and i could finish the boss without tapping into the bloodpools.

Today's challenge was very easy, goblin thief in den of danger, but i wonder how people managed to deal more then 3000 damage in this dungeon... Buying monsters in that subdungeon? a lot of regen-fighting?
rambert iv

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 pm

AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:20 pm

* Human Thief in Shifting Passages *

rambert iv, how did you die?

AvovA17

Postby rambert iv on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:26 pm

I wasn't doing that bad actually. Got killed by an unexpected "Retaliate:Fireball"...

Again...

I'm too much used to throwing fireballs at will that i often die while ferociously fireballing a retaliating monster.
rambert iv

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:56 pm

See, when I take something like Witchalok Pendant BURNDAYRAZ hides and I get almost no use from it (should have taken Conjunction). I used it on the random boss and to soften a level 8 Wraith that was blocking an alcove that Evolvia might have teleported into (also got some resistance for the first attack on Evolvia from doing that). I specialized Evolvia with melee... 80% resist? Phhht, hit you and you're in first strike range.

Also, that bug a few days ago didn't cost me the win from the day before. I have a streak with a hole in it.

PS: That 503XP on the Den of Danger that got me the top spot by a mile. That's actually not that close to the max... there was a bunch of XP I caught myself missing, one of the matches in the subdungeon I didn't have an XP boost on and there were a few monsters I didn't kill while slowed. Money could have been spent better and probably got me another XP boost. And, of course, I didn't bother with doing the optimal kill chain. I could probably have gotten over 3000 damage if I wanted to, by hitting things I don't intent to kill (regen-failing) while exploring, actually doing some regen-fighting early, and running up plants (didn't do a plantation, which would have gotten me much more piety too).
Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:32 pm

AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:26 am

Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:36 am

* Half-Dragon In the Labyrinth *

Binlor and MA both available in the preps, what more do you need?

AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:17 am

Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:37 am

Last edited by AvovA17 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons