[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:23 am

Thanks for the spoilers!

I played a bunch of prac runs, purist or with dagger + transmutation.

It is a tricky run, but totally doable. In the pracs I won on either by killing the dragon only (if EM spawned), or by killing both bosses.

AvovA17

Postby peperc2 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:27 pm

peperc2

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:51 am

* Gnome Crusader in the Labyrinth *

AvovA17

Postby Beatch on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Beatch

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:31 pm

AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:38 pm

I have been meaning to ask this for a long time:
Can somebody explain to me, please, why does Haakon almost always prep GG if GG is available? There is nothing about it in the wiki or Tinker's streakbuilding guide.

I'd like to know, because if a 377-streak-player does something, it must be very smart.

Sure, GG is good against the Goo or if you have accidentally converted your BURNDAYRAZ. It also can give you a ton of refills, or heal poison/mana burn cheaply, but to me other gods are just as good (except Taurog. Hate -4 MP if you get all the boons. Can't imagine poor Bloodmage of Taurog).
Last edited by AvovA17 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
AvovA17

Postby Unidentified Tower on Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 pm

Crusader is hard in the sense that it's very easy to get very little out of its features if you're not smart about it. Especially for a new player, Momentum is very tricky to get going, and the extra altar is nice as another option but hard to really exploit if you're not an expert in god-juggling. Now, if you're an experienced enough player that you can win with Guard, then that's not an issue, but many people would find it very difficult to clear the Labyrinth as a Guard.
Unidentified Tower

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:56 am

AvovA17

Postby William on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:49 am

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby shade_of_ox on Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:43 am

AvovA - you aren't the reason the forums are dead. The forums are dead because this game is 6 years old (older if you include the alpha) and from what I gather it didn't have a particularly large playerbase to begin with, probably since it's a very difficult, technical puzzle game that most players simply don't enjoy.

As for GG, he's a very safe prep if Tower of Goo or Tormented One show up and you aren't particularly well-suited to casting. As you say he also gives a nice amount of refills, and you can join him after chugging all your potions (and if you got a lot of gold, he gives tons of piety for buying out the shops). Dailies are all about safety, so I guess that's why he gets prepped so much. The only time I'd prep a different god, in fact, is in Labyrinth.
shade_of_ox

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons