[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Blovski on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:52 pm

Very true, but they're nice to have. I'd love a Badges column though I can see how that might be hard to display succinctly : )
Blovski

Postby Berzee on Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:59 pm

Well, I got the lowest Damage of anyone who beat the level this time. So that's something. =P

(It might be because of knockback damage not being added to the total though. Is that still a thing?)
Berzee

Postby fall_ark on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:04 pm

fall_ark

Postby fall_ark on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:21 pm

fall_ark

Postby Astral on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Heh, I never even noticed there are safe spots in SP. Thanks for telling it Lujo! My general strat to it is to power level so quick that you get to the bosskills with so few kills the map is still very breezy :P
Oh and sometimes I leave potions and glyphs on the ground because walls can't spawn on top of them.

I'm with fall_ark on stats being meaningless. For example to maximaze XP gain you have to hold back on high level kills and avoid juicy ones that would level you up multiple times. In the end they always make you lose out on bonus XP.
But stats are still nice to have, especially for players for whom beating a DERP is somewhat of a challenge.

Today's DERP was a lot of fun. Orc Warlords are always powerful, add GG on top and you have something crazy. I can only imagine the ridiculous kills that I could have pulled have I found Gettindare before killing my bosses. To spice the game I set out to collect Enlightened beads:

Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Darvin on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Darvin

Postby haaxtus on Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:19 pm

I nearly failed to complete this run, because I forgot about Glowing Guardian’s dislike for drinking potions. Twice.

The first time was during the Evolvia fight (my second boss). I needed one more hit, was low on health and mana and out of death protection. But I had two mana potions to refill 10 mana, so I could pull this off. Well, that’s what I had planned. Unfortunately, I only had 8 piety left, and GG took my inventory away after drinking the first potion. Luckily, I was able to find enough popcorn XP for a level up before the boss could regenerate too much.

The second time was due to my forgetfulness but also due to bad movement. I ended up in the newly-formed bottom left corridor below the level 9 goat with only the APHEELSIK glyph and a new mana potion. I figured it would be a good idea to start regen-fighting the goat, just in case I wouldn’t be able to leave through the corridor on the right side (unexplored). So I drank the potion and lost my inventory again.

In the end, I got through the dungeon with a bit of luck but wasn’t able to gain as much XP as I would have liked.
Last edited by haaxtus on Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
haaxtus

Postby Lujo on Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:25 am

Wow, my hat is of to you sir - I was always eyeballing stuff but never bothered to really figure it out in detail, this WILL come in handy. And as for Astral - it's np, my strat is also to kill as few things as possible generally and I discovered that by accident while trying to optimize that. Simply because you kinda have to be careful as the stakes go higher the more times you dodge it, and you mess up once or twice and the shify brickwork pwns you XD

Being a lazy sloppy idiot I tend to port monsters INTO the alcove on occasions ^^

---

Anyway todays DERP felt like all the stuff I've been noticing about that dungeon during the playthrough decided to spawn all at once. I took the Slayer Wand and the Transmutation seal in just 'cause and played it like you're meant to play Creeplight. Since I'm first, not gonna spoil it, I'll put it up in the playthrough thread tommorrow along with the NL Goat and some funky Chemists and Rats ^^

In case it happens I'm high on some of the bars, I wasn't chasing any stats at all, so I'll be surprised.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Darvin on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:18 am

Wow, I can't believe how few people took the completely obvious Paladin of Binlor combo there. Bear Mace for piety gain, Stoneskin for easy level-ups and accumulated magic resist, then beat the boss with that magic resistance. Last form is a little tricky for Paladins, but when you just curb-stomp froms 1 and 2 who cares.

My time is inaccurate today, I would have been in 2nd place (as of current writing) if a full minute hadn't been tacked on.
Darvin

Postby TheSchachter on Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:12 am

Eh, I'd personally played a few too many Binlor Paladins lately, so I went with the Earthmother Paladin,which I like quite a lot.

The entrance being as packed as it was made the plant spam a tiny bit annoying at first, but overall it was quite breezy. I never got to do the ritual to turn the cultists into shades; presumably a plant covered the subdungeon stairs.
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons