[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Vemb on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am

Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 am

Yeah, my hands just don't seem to be working at all lately... I dropped a bowl and broke a plate in between those two runs.

And today's threatened to continue the streak, being in the most feared dungeon for me and misclicks:

* Orc Rogue in Venture Cave *

So I figured I'd bring in Earthmother... because, why not? And sure enough, there was a misclick... I took out regular Plant instead of the monster beside it. Which is good because it wasn't lethal and I had the piety anyways.
Bwrgarbl

Postby Vemb on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:14 am

*Halfling Thief in Magma Mines*

Misclick.
Vemb

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:25 am

~'(^ + ^)'~

Re: Dailies Thread

Postby srid on Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:09 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby Vemb on Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:41 pm

Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:05 pm

I died yesterday, also had 2 misclicks. I often press "P" instead of "O" for pisorf. :( It turns out "P" is for drinking health potions.
AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:49 pm

Yeah, I wasted a health potion that way yesterday too... scary, because as a transmuter, I knew right from the start that the random boss was SMM. And that's gotten me before in Ick Swamp... although in that case, it was because I found him on the very last piece of ground and didn't have quite enough black space left. Icky Swamp's generally a pretty bad place for regen fighting in general though... it's open, but the plants keep getting in the way of your access. Yesterday, it didn't matter so much in that my shops had the Martyr Wraps. Bosses were close, but on the edges and tricky to position with a level 8 in the way.

Today, the success rate isn't much higher... I guess that's because it's Cursed Oasis.

* Chemist in the Cursed Oasis *

Chemist probably doesn't help much, with cutting out of usual potions (can't remember the race... Halfling?). But, anyone looking at the high score board first today is going to see that the gods are favourable... most people beating it have high piety (I currently have the top at 597, top XP currently at 275 too, but I left a good amount of XP on the table, including a level 8 shade). Naturally, that means I used all three a good amount.

Bwrgarbl

Postby Bwrgarbl on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:03 am

* Goat in the Den of Danger *

Shame it wasted good monster distribution on such an easy dungeon.

Standard goat advice for those that don't have the DLC: Play attention to your food and diety. Excess food can be converted for a little (and piety with some gods). Get as high level as you can before starting on bosses... level catapult 6-7-8 won't help you, but you can convert for 8-8-8-8-8 which is so much better (so save your conversions). Beware poison and mana burn (that doesn't get cured on level up, so expect to use potions for it).

Bwrgarbl

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:17 pm

Today's gods combination is especially interesting, allowed me to do this:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... AC6A6EECB/

Killed boss at level 7 (with humility from GG), and looted like close to 500+ gold (is it a flaming dungeon or something, I don't even remember why I should have this much gold). After that was just piety spam by emptying my purse, buying almost all shop items to reap GG piety, literally buying all 4 levels of Learning from TT next, and getting Enlightenment with GG later (not full 30 beads but still quite a high number). Also used a bit of Imawal for some kills to get more bonus XP.

As a result, Top XP and Piety for the daily:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 13E0C6CFD/

:D :D
~'(^ + ^)'~

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons