*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Vemb on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:45 pm

I had to convert one glyph and drink one health potion (and one mana potion to cure mana burn) in the early game, but after that it was relatively smooth.

As always with Goatperson, be careful what deity you are currently serving.

Preparations are incredibly important for Goatperson, so some comments:
Spoiler: show
Prep 1: Dracul, Taurog, Bear Mace
I think Bear Mace is obviously best choice, with map like Rock Garden the Knockback can open ways and can be used to converse food by leaving wall tiles unexplored. It is even better with Binlor available to prep.
Prep 2: Earthmother, Quest Items, GG
I took Quest items. Earthmother could be used just to get Clearance to wipe out plants, and GG can be used to easily get rid of mana burn/poison/corrosion (but can be bad if you starve). I would say any option could be used.
Prep 3: Binlor, Black Market, Bet on Boss
Clearly Binlor, while Binlor can be a bit of a pain to get piety with if there is no PISSORF or ENDISWALL, remember that two walls get destroyed every time you level in Rock Garden so that cancels out Binlor's level toll. Bear Mace being available makes Binlor even better.
Prep 4: Really Big Sword, Bloody Sigil, Extra Attack Boosters.
I would take Attack Boosters with almost all classes, well maybe Berserker should take Really Big Sword. But for Goatperson I think Bloody Sigil is significantly better than the others (Evidently not clearly best choice, since so many more people are taking Attack Boosters). It is the most useful for early game survival, since when you starve you take damage based on your level, so having more health makes it easier to withstand some starving. It can also be used to converse food, for example:
Level 2 goatperson (Max Health 20) starves from full health exploring 9 tiles (2 health remaining) then kills level 1 monster to get more food, so they can explore 9 tiles (20 health remaining) with food and then another 9 tiles (2 health remaining). So 27 tiles explored with 1 monster killed.
Level 2 goatperson (Max Health 25 with Bloody Sigil) starves from full health exploring 12 tiles (1 health remaining) then kills level 1 monster to get more food, so they can explore 9 tiles (25 health remaining) with food and then another 12 tiles (1 health remaining). So 33 tiles explored with 1 monster killed.
Additionally Bloody Sigil has excellent conversion value.
Vemb

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:56 am

Couldn't make it, I am pretty sure luck still plays a big part in terms of the directions taken when exploring.

I knew all was lost when I had to convert Burndayraz to be able to continue, only managed to reveal the whole map.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 8579BAFEC/
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:40 am

Knockback is a tricky thing for a goat. It is no good for you If you knock the monster into the blackspace.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:34 pm

AvovA17 wrote:
William wrote:
AvovA17 wrote:I have wisdom teeth extraction tomorrow :cry: , I don't know how drugged I am going to be, but I hope not to lose my streak :)

Wisdom teeth extraction isn't all that bad, especially if the teeth are not impacted. Maybe they won't even drug you up after the op. :)

Saved by the bell! :D They called me the last minute, the surgeon is sick. I have to do it on Monday instead.

Lmao, he is "sick" again. I hope he is not a alcoholic or something.
I am gonna mess up my DERP run not because I am drugged today, but cause I am too sleepy.

Well, no luck the 3rd time, the surgeon showed up. After that last goat I have no streak to worry about though.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:51 am

Really easy berserker today with the Amulet, good gods, and decent items / subs.
AvovA17

Postby dislekcia on Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 am

AvovA17 wrote:Well, no luck the 3rd time, the surgeon showed up. After that last goat I have no streak to worry about though.

GL with the recovery! Enjoy the jello and instant pudding.
dislekcia

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:50 am

So far (24h) no pain! I got 12 bottles of https://www.soylent.com/ in addition to the usual jello and puddings.
AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:43 pm

*Human Tinker in Shifting Passages*

In hindsight I probably shouldn't have picked Bear Mace here. It just makes it harder to prevent the walls from appearing.
Vemb

Postby Bwrgarbl on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:32 pm

Yes, I noticed that with the Bear Mace in Shifting Passages quite a while back in a daily where I ended up revealing just about every wall... I was predicting accurately where walls would appear, but not the when. Eventually I put it down to if you push a monster away, it generates walls from the position, which makes blocking with where you stand difficult. So I expect that and work to avoid it. I had some walls created today from bad guesses early on, but I managed to avoid having them grow (ie you create some walls early and they limit your options and so you end up creating more walls).
Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:49 pm

What strategy did you use? I found it impossible to beat monsters 3 levels above me, so I killed 1-2 levels above, and reached only level 8. I killed the magic boss, and brought Evolvia down to 300, but that's all I could do. Somehow I ran out of blackspace very quickly on this level.

Maybe I should have switched from MA to Taurog when I hit close to 100 piety, since almost all of the remaining monsters were magical, and I had a body pact too.
AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons