*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby srid on Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:34 am

AvovA17 wrote:DBeatch reached 1000 completed DERPs

And on the exact same day, Apple Inc. is the first company to ever reach a 1000 billion dollar valuation.
Coincidence? I think not.

Joke aside, congrats for the feat, that's very impressive 8-)
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:16 am

Finger clicked twice today accidentally. Boom! On a Venture Cave, no less.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:37 pm

* Vampire in Shifting Passages *

Spoiler: show
Damn, I got Aequitas to 1 hp (after knockback), but died. Just needed one more hit (or counted burning stacks a bit better).

If only I saw gloves of Midas/Yendor earlier, I would have won easily. Unfortunately they they in the edge shops,
and I only saw them when it was too late.

Should have explored more aggressively, blackspace is almost nothing to a vampire (although today there were many wraiths. For example, all level 6s were wraiths, 1 level 7 and 1 level 9).
AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:59 am

*Half-Dragon in Eastern Jungle*

I'm so disappointed, I got too much XP. I probably just didn't remember correctly.
Anyway, 5 XP run is pretty funny too.
Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:02 pm

Vemb wrote:*Half-Dragon in Eastern Jungle*

I'm so disappointed, I got too much XP. I probably just didn't remember correctly.
Anyway, 5 XP run is pretty funny too.

LOL, what did you do? :)
AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:24 pm

AvovA17 wrote:LOL, what did you do? :)

Killing simultaneously the boss and yourself. While that isn't good idea in normal maps, the daily counts as success if you kill the boss(es). For some reason it lists you getting enough XP to level once. As I remember it you also need to take Blood Curse or Chaos Avatar to get zero XP, but either Blood Curse wasn't enough or I actually forgot to take it. I should test that out someday.
Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:45 pm

* Vampire in Cursed Oasis *

It was not hard, but I played in sleepy in the morning (and I dont care either, no streak going, and I am away next weekend anyways), and made tons of mistakes. Kept forgetting to curse myself sufficiently when I got to the cursed realm. Had to waste several health potions and a bunch of bloodpools to get myself back down, several times, lol!
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:00 am

* Rat Monarch in Cursed Oasis *

Really easy rat today. CYDSTEPP is there. Binlor too. EM available as a prep. What more do you need?
I won as level 4, but I could have as easily won at level 3 or 2.

I did not use Binlor because I did not see IAMAWAL quickly on the floor, so I joined EM.
Then just use it to get rid of curses.
A bunch of Vine Forms + purchasing = you can take 1 retaliation hit if you want, or even easier:

0) Corrode the dragon sufficiently via CYDSTEPP.
1) Get to 100 piety (which you will while doing step 0 since you will be casting IAMAWAL after each hit on the dragon).
2) Cast Entanglement
3) Fireball the dragon once. No retaliation hit due to slow.
4) Go to step 2.

It is safer if you put the dragon right next to EM's altar.
AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:25 pm

*Goatperson in Creeplight Ruins*

Difficult daily, currently only AvovA17 and I have completed it.

The default gods are all potentially dangerous: Dracul, GG and JJ. It might be actually good idea to prepare Mystera/EM like AvovA did. I started with Dracul and was very close to having to convert stuff at level 1. PISORF and ENDISWALL are both very close to the start.

I tried my best to kill undeads while serving other gods, but I still had to kill bunch of them under Dracul. Piety was pretty hard to come by, but Stone Sigil helped (next to Dracul altar).
Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Hehe, I was just going to ask, what the default gods were :).
Yeah, I prepped EM and MA cause they are safe for a goat and provide endgame spikes.
I was afraid of getting Dracul. Still got him though as the third god.

Those who started in Dracul had no chance.

It was not that bad for me (as far as goats go). I missed some monsters close to the starting point hiding in blackspace (only found them much much later), and a few times I had to convert stuff / drink potions to survive. I only got Dracul twice. I converted Cultists into Shades pretty early. Errr, it is always risky. Both are annoying as hell to fight for a goat, but at least Shades leave bloodpools. I wanted to have that either as a drink or for EM's spike later.

At level 7 I got EM. I had 3 glyphs left, 2 mana potions, and 1 health potion. Around 50 piety. That was enough to kill the boss. The first form 1 hit + fireballs + slow him (5 piety). I bought a health keg and spent it to kill the second form (+ 1 slow on it for the final hit). And the last form got a torrent of fireballs from mana potions, conversions, and EM refills. I could easily throw more fireballs at him if needed.

EDIT: Oh, you started in Dracul, and survived??? All the monsters I saw close to the starting point were undead.
AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons