*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Vemb on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:18 pm

I shamelessly used William's spoiler image and managed to get a win with a good amount of resources left.

Victory Screen

There were some dicey situations, but I didn't have to use any potions or conversion before the bosses. I can also easily say that TT would have been very bad starting deity.
Vemb

Postby rambert iv on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:39 pm

I always thought that the starting god for goatperson was the same for everyone in DERP... Apparently i was wrong.
I did start in TT..
rambert iv

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:47 pm

rambert iv wrote:I always thought that the starting god for goatperson was the same for everyone in DERP... Apparently i was wrong.
I did start in TT..

No, it is random.

I probably won't have the time to play tonight, gf is coming over.
I will have to start it, and play tomorrow.
AvovA17

Postby peperc2 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:06 am

Goatperson on Ick Swamp

The game insisted nobody keep their streaks huh. For those who need a map (with smuggler den and sans a few pickups), especially for a useful spell:

Spoiler: show
Seems maybe reasonable if you know to go left for the Fireball.
peperc2

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Vemb wrote:I shamelessly used William's spoiler image and managed to get a win with a good amount of resources left.

Victory Screen

There were some dicey situations, but I didn't have to use any potions or conversion before the bosses. I can also easily say that TT would have been very bad starting deity.

I shamelessly used spoilers from William, Vemb, and peperc to squeeze out 2 wins :mrgreen:
If you did not, brag about it here, or forever hold your peace :lol:

The second one was probably doable without the spoilers, if you stumbled upon WONAFYT and BURNDAYRAZ somehow.
The Labyrinth one would require more luck. Good items in the shops though, exactly what you need: Viper ward, witchalok pendant.
AvovA17

Postby rambert iv on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:24 pm

That's my first win as a goatperson!
Too bad the game showed the "error" and "upload" buttons instead of "Leaderboard" and "Continue"... so i don't know if the win was registered...

EDIT: it is listed as unfinished. so that will be counted as a loss tomorrow. Well, at least i know that i won my first goatperson dungeon :)
rambert iv

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:52 pm

rambert iv wrote:That's my first win as a goatperson!
Too bad the game showed the "error" and "upload" buttons instead of "Leaderboard" and "Continue"... so i don't know if the win was registered...

Keep pressing "Upload" until it works once every 5 min. At some point it will reconnect and upload the win.
AvovA17

Postby rambert iv on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:55 pm

thanks, i'll keep that in mind for next time this happens. I allready closed the game so it's too late for this one. No big deal, i was at zero wins anyway.
rambert iv

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:05 pm

rambert iv wrote:thanks, i'll keep that in mind for next time this happens. I allready closed the game so it's too late for this one. No big deal, i was at zero wins anyway.

Congratz anyways. Did you use peperc's spoilers?

On my first DERP goat I lost to a misclick (http://qcfdesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3253&p=43551#p43551).

One good technique with the goat is called "health bar yo-yo". In short, the idea is to not kill monsters for food
until you are about to die.

Here is an example: imagine a map full of blackspace, you are L1, 1 L1 monster is uncovered, you can kill it in one easy blow. (you have first strike somehow), you are at full hp (for simplicity, 10hp), 0 food.

Scenario 1: you kill the monster, then explore the map. After the kill you have 9 food. You explore 9 tiles,
run out of food. After that you explore 9 more tiles -> you are at 1 hp. If you uncover 1 more black tile, you die.
In total you have uncovered 18 tiles.

Scenario 2: you explore 9 tiles. You are at 1 hp now. Kill the monster. You now have 9 food, but still 1hp. Explore 9 more tiles, you are now at 10 hp, and 0 food. Explore 9 more tiles. You are at 1 hp and 0 food. In total you managed to explore 27 tiles before dying.

By using this technique you can squeeze out more out of the monsters in terms of food. One risk is that you will run out of blackspace when you low hp, and some high level monsters are blocking access to more blackspace. Then you will be forced to use refills (potions, god boons, conversions, etc).

I actually had to yo-yo on the Labyrinth DERP today cause I was really low on food. In fact, I did not yo-yo enough.
Sometimes even with the spoilers it is hard to reach food with the goat. And at 140% difficulty the L+1 or L+2 monsters are hard to kill.

EDIT: I added the yo-yo to the goat page on the wiki: http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... tion_Yo-yo since it was missing. Maybe veterans like Vemb, Nic, '(^+^)', William, DBeatch, Haakon, Bwrgarbl, etc, can improve it further. I am still a noob, after all.
AvovA17

Postby Vemb on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:48 am

That second Goatperson daily was a lot easier. Somehow I'm not surprised that the Earthmother prep was not very popular pick.

AvovA17 wrote:One good technique with the goat is called "health bar yo-yo". In short, the idea is to not kill monsters for food until you are about to die.

Bloody Sigil is amazingly good for that, since it increases your regen but the damage from starving stays the same. It is very good prep or early shop item for Goatperson. Additionally it has high conversion value if needed.

rambert iv wrote:That's my first win as a goatperson!

Congratz, Goatperson is usually pretty brutal, even easy maps can get very ugly if you get unlucky with exploration or gods.
Vemb

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons