*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby Vemb on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:19 am

*Elf Rogue in Ick Swamp*

3rd Ick Swamp in a row? I'm somewhat annoyed since lately I haven't been sleeping well. The Ick Swamp is the worst when you are tired. Due to my tiredness I made a silly mistake today and at level 5 I remembered Balanced Dagger prep.
Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:13 pm

Vemb wrote:*Elf Rogue in Ick Swamp*

3rd Ick Swamp in a row? I'm somewhat annoyed since lately I haven't been sleeping well.

Hehe, likewise. That's why I am playing in the morning last few days.

But I think Cursed Oasis is as bad when you are sleepy. You miscount curses a few times, end up in the wrong realm, waste resources, or just get stuck downstairs -> dead.

Too bad Haakon missed the Labirynth goat. He could teach us how to beat those.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:48 pm

* Halfling Paladin in Rock Garden *

I had great "fun" at the start.

Spoiler: show
I was playing in the morning, sleepy and groggy.
Joined EM. Every direction was eventually blocked by a plant.
So I took on 10 corrosion, still could not reach any glyphs. Felt like I was done for.
Luckily I was able to buy something like a +10hp amulet, and tank a few hits from some L2.
I killed it (had to use some potions) and got to BURNDAYRAZ. After that I was able to get to WEYTWUT and the rest was trivial.

Instead of this nonsense I could just ask EM for clearance at the very start.
I hate playing in the morning... I always do something dumb.
AvovA17

Postby Bwrgarbl on Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:45 pm

I did Shovel Knight for that one... bought all three bosses down to 30% just for fun, not that it mattered.

The lesson is really that if you want to go for long streaks you need to start avoiding EM (especially prepping her)... she's killed my streaks, and the streaks of players much better than me. She's random and a loose cannon that will get you eventually.
Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:50 pm

Bwrgarbl wrote:I did Shovel Knight for that one... bought all three bosses down to 30% just for fun, not that it mattered.

The lesson is really that if you want to go for long streaks you need to start avoiding EM (especially prepping her)... she's killed my streaks, and the streaks of players much better than me. She's random and a loose cannon that will get you eventually.

You are right. She is very enticing though. Her boons are so strong. I always hope that there is ENDISWAL,
then she is mostly safe.

I almost died on the recent Doubledoom because of her though. I opened the whole map, and I still could not find BURNDAYRAZ anywhere. Had to cast clearance to get rid of all the plants (and break most of the statues too) to finally find it.
AvovA17

Postby rambert iv on Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:15 pm

Lost the Warlord in Labyrinth because of some stupid mistakes.

I was in GG, with a good amount of piety when i killed the minotaur and wanted to take on the bandit-boss. I had not much blackspace left, but enough piety for GG refills and enough potions to offer some and drink some. Then i scanned the shops for items that could give me just a little extra or at least serve as conversion fodder. So i forgot about GG's dislike of poison and bought a venom dagger... Hit the bandit a few times before i realised GG was taking all my piety for the poison attack. By then i was out of health, out of mana, poisoned and mana burned, and at only 5 piety.
I still had more then enough potions to clear the job ... only if i didn't pick the "+15 conversion value for 5 piety" from the Pactmaker early in the game...
So, that was it, A 7-win streak ended because of the pactmaker (and a few stupid mistakes of my own, but it's easier to blame the Pactmaker )

Now we need a Goatperson in Cursed Oasis soon to level the playing field again.
rambert iv

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:34 am

rambert iv wrote:Lost the Warlord in Labyrinth because of some stupid mistakes.

Yeah, that was one of the easiest Labyrinths I have ever seen. Endiswal right at the start, good items.
Despite 140% difficulty I was killing L+2 without ever thinking about it. When Minotaur started chasing me, I was like 8 or so. Normally he starts chasing you when you are L5 or 6. I used EM for this one (only found GG late).
With EM you can boost your HP a level higher than normal, boost your attack, and salt all popcorn.

GG is a very strong god, you just need to learn and avoid all his stupid dislikes: poison, potions, B2P, anything do to with blood. Then he is pretty good. Not as strong as Binlor/EM, but almost there. No way to boost your attack with him though, except for the consecrated strike. I typically just get Humility, and Cleansing as needed, and get a bunch of absolutions. Then you can keep refills for the big kills or the bosses, or just convert out later when you find a more suitable god, most likely with 100 piety in the bank.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:37 am

rambert iv wrote: By then i was out of health, out of mana, poisoned and mana burned, and at only 5 piety.

Did you desecrate EM? That would give you 3 potions to drink + some piety.

With GG you can typically get some piety from conversions.
AvovA17

Postby rambert iv on Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:33 pm

EM was allready desecrated earlier.
Problem with conversions was that i had the wrong pactmaker boon active. For converting a potion GG gave me 5 piety but PM took 5 piety in exchange for 15 extra conversion value.

Anyway, new day, new labyrinth... And a real tough one this time. I reached level 8, but came not even close to even initialise a boss-fight...
rambert iv

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:13 pm

rambert iv wrote:EM was allready desecrated earlier.
Problem with conversions was that i had the wrong pactmaker boon active. For converting a potion GG gave me 5 piety but PM took 5 piety in exchange for 15 extra conversion value.

Anyway, new day, new labyrinth... And a real tough one this time. I reached level 8, but came not even close to even initialise a boss-fight...

Yeah, PM boons are powerful, but extremely dangerous due to the piety drain.
Lately I just dont take them until the very end unless it is a goat (goat likes Scholar's pact and Spirit Pact).

The labyrinth today was not that hard, how did you not win? What were your gods?
I preped Binlor + I had PM, EM, JJ.

Just fireball the bosses to death. You are a gnome, so you have an insane amount of mana potions, I also had a mana keg in the shops, and a +2 mana pendant. I basically used Binlor at first for ENDISWAL, knockback, and Stone form.
After that I switched to EM around level 4 or 5. I got a few shots of +4hp, and the rest of piety went into corrosion.
With the mana potions, levelup refills, and EM's Clearance you easily have enough to kill both bosses with the fireballs only at level 6.

It was probably even possible to go to JJ from Binlor, and only switch to EM later, I am not sure. The start was a bit cramped, so I did not have much blackspace left, I was not sure I could get enough piety from JJ for many boons.
AvovA17

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons