*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby srid on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:12 pm

The Avatar wrote:After all, it is easily abused by simply opting out any day which seems problematic (unless you can accrue enough foreknowledge to be certain of victory).

I agree with that problem, and was implicitly thinking that the player was honest enough with himself to not increase his stats by voluntarily skipping the hard runs.
If you assume the player to be dishonest, maybe a metric that gives the number of daily you won / number of daily you looked at.

About the GoatPerson VGT+VT, if someone is willing, I would be happy to setup a VGT run with the exact RNG that he wants (choice and placement of enemies, gods and shops, tower level order and punishment order).
Something, like 'if you had the perfect VGT setup, what would it be?'
If someone gives me a detailed spec of all that for a VGT run, I would be happy to send him a modded version where he can try this run as much as he wants.
(I would do it after only we release the EE South or people will kill me ;-))

That could help us answering the question: 'can a very lucky GoatPerson win VGT + VT' ?
I am only willing to tweak the layout RNG, of course, not Dodge, Blink, Patches, or JJ's roulette chances.
Since GoatPerson is really random with gods, I am okay however to let the player chose his new god after each level up (or maybe a choice between 3 random gods). That would still be legit, but protect the player from getting screwed by bad god RNG.
Also, the enemy choice should be reasonably plausible (don't make all the monster floors and bosses meat men, for instance)

Any volunteer? It could be fun!
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Really, you should check it out, especially if you're looking for some extra challenge.

Download over at ddmod.weebly.com!
srid

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:37 am

* Vampire in Shifting Passages *

Spoiler: show
Ahaha, perfect items today:
10% resist shield, Zot, Yendor, Vampiric Blade, Mana Keg...

I did not even buy Zot or Yendor and did not use Strange Mixture.
Just levelups + bloodcows were enough to kill the bosses. Proceeded slowly due to codex.
As usual, there will be a few unfortunate deaths today due to retaliate:fireball.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:34 am

Alright, I am at 72 again. That means that tomorrow is a Goatperson in the Labyrinth. Brace yourselves.
AvovA17

Postby Unidentified Tower on Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:15 pm

Halfling Priest in Labyrinth

Spoiler: show
That awkward moment when you desecrate the Glowing Guardian and then five seconds later learn the other boss is Tower of Goo...

(I still ended up winning but it was too close for comfort, very bad move on my part)
Unidentified Tower

Postby Bwrgarbl on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:10 pm

Oh, I did that after knowing... and willingly. Prepping Binlor makes it easy for something as twinky as Halfling Priest to melee even the likes of Goo (directly or indirectly) without using another god.
Bwrgarbl

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:04 am

AvovA17 wrote:Alright, I am at 72 again. That means that tomorrow is a Goatperson in the Labyrinth. Brace yourselves.

The goat must be next week. Today was a rat. I am surprised how unpopular Binlor is.
It is so easy with him.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:30 pm

* Dwarf Chemist in Hexx Ruins *

DBeatch scared me by dying quickly. The actual run was super easy. I went mono-GG.

Where did Bwrgarbl and Xenagie go?
AvovA17

Postby Beatch on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:54 pm

AvovA17 wrote:DBeatch scared me by dying quickly. The actual run was super easy.

Yeah it wasn't tough, I just got my self in a bad place against Stheno from sloppy play.
Low streak anyways after last weeks blunder... which was also a chemist (I think)... maybe I should practice...
Beatch

Postby William on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:09 am

The nice thing about the Hexx Ruins run was that you could just smash the ugly goat into Stheno, which negates Stheno's resistances if you didn't bother killing all mobs (or accidentally hit her...)
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Vemb on Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:16 pm

*Goatperson in Venture Cave*

I died. Not a normal Goatperson death, I just accidentally double clicked on the boss and died.
Vemb

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons