*SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: *SPOILERS* Dailies Thread

Postby AvovA17 on Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:20 pm

Vemb wrote:That went very easily for me.

Do you spend all your food at L1 and start yo-yo-ing as early as possible?
I am starting to think this is the way to play the goat, kinda like Vampire plays. At least on maps that are more open-concept than Rock Garden/Labyrinth.

Also, remember the previous Goat in Creeplight Ruins? That one was epic. here and the posts after that one.

I had a feeling there would be a Creeplight Ruins goat last week, srsly. We did not have this map for a long time.
I even practiced it last week just in case it came up and to remind myself the gimmicks it has :)

my take on the preps:
1. Zot is powerful, but goats hate to regen-fight. Not to mention that it is almost useless against the cultists and the boss. I think more glyphs/balanced dagger is a better prep. With more glyphs you can get B2P which greatly increases your survival chances. Balanced Dagger gives you more flexibility in terms of who you can fight. You can kill your level, you can kill higher level, whatever is the easiest (avoiding snakes, wraiths, etc).

2. Attack boosters so that you finish foes off quicker. Again, dont want to regen-fight. Transmutation seal was also ok: might find the TT zoo sub, or IMAWAL + Glenrick.

3. The shield is only -2. I picked more money for more purchases = more refills. I guess any prep in this slot was okay-ish. The shield is maybe slightly better, but I already saw that many people won without it. Compression seal is not that important for goats.

4. Rock Heart has more CP, but Trisword gives +2 attack and potentially more. Again, lets me kill off mobs faster. Dracul is a dangerous prep on this map: half the monsters can be undead, so I would never prep him(her? maybe Dracul is a female? A retired blood lab nurse or something, lol. ) here.

Spoiler: show
I got very lucky, just like the previous Goat in Creeplight Ruins: I started in JJ, not in Dracul.
And JJ never poisoned/mana burned me.
AvovA17

Postby shade_of_ox on Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Yeah, I got dropped into Dracul immediately and pretty much instantly lost since his altar was on the other side of the map and I couldn't kill anything without being punished. Is the starting god random in dailies? That's... not good.
shade_of_ox

Postby Vemb on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:48 am

Yeah, for some reason the worshipping for Goatperson is completely random and not tied to the seed.

AvovA17 wrote:Do you spend all your food at L1 and start yo-yo-ing as early as possible?

That depends. For this run I didn't yo-yo much, since I mostly had pretty good targets all the time.

Also, remember the previous Goat in Creeplight Ruins? That one was epic. here and the posts after that one.

Yep, that was a very difficult daily. I don't remember much about the run itself, except that I started with Dracul and it was very tense.

I had a feeling there would be a Creeplight Ruins goat last week, srsly.

At least we haven't had (at least I haven't played it) Goatperson in Ick Swamp daily with Earthmother. That would be huge streak ender.

Preparations:
1. Zot does give powerful stat bonuses for early game boost and has huge CP value so I can definitely see taking it. Also I do remember that somebody (Tinker if I remember correctly) did once point out that you can activate it and briefly see where the monsters are (take a screenshot to help). While it does not show their level you can head for larger clusters of monsters. More Glyphs also gives you a bit better control when to go over conversion limit if you need inventory room. I took Balanced Dagger for it's flexibility and it can also help getting out of particularly troublesome god much easier. For today's daily I would have even survived starting with Dracul since with Balanced Dagger I would have needed to kill only one Undead to level up.

2. I took Transmutation seal just for easy access to secret sub. Creeplight Ruins tend to be so open that you don't get blocked, but having some protection against some freak map layout is not bad either. For many maps I would take it just to get out of such blockades.

3. Money for more refills sounds definitely good on paper, but for Goatperson the early game is the hardest part. I determined that if I get to the point where more money gives actual benefit I have practically already won the map. Shield gives dependable benefit for early game to make those higher level kills a bit easier.

4. Again, Trisword gives nice early game benefit. Clearly best choice in my opinion. If you knew that there was ENDISWALL very close to the start, then Rock Heart does get some love.
Vemb

Postby AvovA17 on Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Oh, I forgot about that stat boosts and CP value of Zot (100 CP). I also forgot about the sparkles you see when you activate it. In fact, I tried using it that way some time ago (making a video and then trying to mark the locations of all monster. IIRC, it was not easy. It is much easier to do on Rock Garden levelup). Considering all this, I guess it is a good prep then :) Thanks for reminding me.

Ugh, I currently have top XP on today's chemist? I did not expect that. I would have taken Enlightenment at the end for easy extra ~15 XP.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:29 am

* Goblin Thief in the Labyrinth *

This one was fun, eh?

No knockback (at least with the EM I prepped)
glyphs were hiding from me for the longest time
To top it off, I forgot that Lernutrix had the cheap +1 learning option, so I did not get anything from him for a really
long time.

I don't think I got any bonus XP until level 3 or 4.

Thank god it was a goblin. Halfling/Human/Orc would have been much harder.

Oops, I forgot to convert all my stuff at the end for more XP. Oh well, I was not shooting for top XP anyway.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:11 pm

* Vampire in Shifting Passages *

The forum is dead, eh?

even with the extra glyphs I got only PISORF, IMAWAL, LEMMISI, CYDSTEPP, BURNDAYRAZ, B2P.
I could convert all but PISORF right away, I suppose. I kept PISORF until the end.
No HALPMEH, ENDISWAL, GETINDARE, WEYTWUT, WONAFYT. Annoying. Oh well, at least PISORF was there.

LEMMISI was really mean, it just did not want to show me the bosses, or the last 1-2 glyphs, lol.

Secret sub has Ritual scroll.

I bought Troll Heart at L1. It is a good purchase for Vampires: bosses hit 97, so it helps to reach that threshold earlier,
and makes your bloodpools restore more HP. Good for CP later. Also, there was platemail in the shops. The rest was conversion fodder.

The random boss is 80% MR golem.
AvovA17

Postby AvovA17 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:09 am

AvovA17 wrote:
Nah. Even a streak of 100+ is hard these days. I had two network disconnects last year. On game start the game disconnects, but the server shows you are still playing. The streak is gone. Same happened to other players.

Here we go again.
Den of Danger(!). The server died as I pressed start, connection error. I guess my streak is done.
On the website it shows that I am playing.
AvovA17

Postby Nurator on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:10 pm

I have the same problem today... it says connection error and I cant upload anything to the cloud. Only waiting helps? Or can I do something?
Nurator

Postby FuscaBat on Wed May 01, 2019 3:33 am

Elf Bloodmage in Grimm's Grotto

I noticed that a lot of people prepped none of: slayer wand, transmutation seal, or JJ. How can you all be so unafraid of possibly unwinnable Grimm's Grotto layouts?
FuscaBat

Postby dislekcia on Wed May 01, 2019 11:43 pm

Wait, what? The Daily can be Grimm's? AFAIR that shouldn't be possible precisely because it uses the old, less-fair generation.
dislekcia

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons