[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - [suggestion] Badge earned number on leader board

[suggestion] Badge earned number on leader board

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: [suggestion] Badge earned number on leader board

Postby flap on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:36 pm

If this was ever made, it should be a simple stat, not a set of stats. I would see it counted in health points with :
1 accessible black tile : 2 x char level (x2 because we recover mana + hp)
1 health potion : 40% max health
1 mana potion : 40% max mana x char level
80 CP (counted from all inventory and accessible objects + best CP objects you could have purchased with your gold) : 40% max health (equivalent 1 potion)
Number of health + mana that one could get lower level monsters
Piety : ? No idea yet
Death protection : Maybe the hit value of the stronger monster/boss you killed

I know that it would be opening the can of worm, as there are so many special cases (the badge is worth more in terms of death protection, than in CP.; a class/race should calculated differently), but that could give a rough idea of left ressources.
flap

Postby Darvin on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Darvin

Postby Tinker on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:27 am

I agree. Also stats/items may influence actual resource utilisation. For example, let's say I play a Goblin Crusader, I'm at 1 Health and I cannot 1-shot anything. I seem to have no resources. Then I pop a glyph, level up, one monster becomes killable, I kill it then thanks to momentum another monster becomes killable, and I end up mopping up the whole level from a seemingly resourceless position.

Let's just stick to number of Badges, if we want to add more comparative metrics... :)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons