[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Multiple monsters fighting

Multiple monsters fighting

All things Desktop Dungeons

Multiple monsters fighting

Postby flap on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:43 pm

Last edited by flap on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
flap

Re: Multiple monsters fighting

Postby berpdreyfuss on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Attack a lower level monster if you have dodge prediction to get the dodge on a higher level monster.
berpdreyfuss

Postby flap on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:12 pm

flap

Postby Astral on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:20 pm

Attacking a somewhat high damage foe to go below 50% health with a Warlord, to get the damage boost against a 1HKOing target.

Hitting low damage high health targets with Gettindare/Bysseps to farm JJ piety, or knocking monsters into walls under Binlor.

Activating Schadenfreude :P
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Tinker on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:31 pm

On Demonic Library for example I often found myself fighting multiple demon lords at the same time, simply because I could most effectively damage one using my Mana Bar, and the other using my Health Bar. then mid-fight level-up and kill both demon lords from the respective bars.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby flap on Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:41 pm

flap

Postby Darvin on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:21 pm

Hitting a magic resist enemy with physical attacks while hitting a physical resist enemy with magic attacks can make a lot of sense. Good way to break through the brothers in Rock Garden with minimal effort.
Darvin

Postby Lujo on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Fighting two or several things at once is fairly common with guys with big bars, and surprisingly often goblins, because leveling up doesn't require you actually killing much stuff. It's also surprisingly common with Dwarves, and any spellcaster who somehow gets a large health pool (so you're not exactly doing it because you have leftover health by accident, you always have a ton of health and health potions which you have for the express purpose of doing exactly that to ding thrughout the bossfight).

If we're talking about actually fighting two monsters at once as a plan, Pissorff should top that list. If you're NOT fighting two monsters at once with it something's not right. A fat PoS Dwarf or Goblin can occasionally fight pretty much the whole map all at once.
Last edited by Lujo on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby flap on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:37 pm

flap

Postby Lujo on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:46 pm

You might consider renaming that into "Fighting multiple monsters" or "Fighting multiple monsters at once". "Multiple monsters fighting" actually means there's a large number of monsters having a bar fight or something. And incindentaly, this IS what "brawling" actually is, as a word.

One guy who's really, really, really good for it is Drac on a PoS guy, because PoS is so reductive an uninteractive as a strat, that you can basically pick up a ton of lifesteal and sanguine and play two games at the same time, one where you unload all the mana into the two bossess at the same time - while at the same time fighting the rest of the map with your bigass lifesteal. When your Drac run inevitably dings you, you unload the mana into the bossess and go back to your Drac run. Bossess drop eventually.

There's an Elf Fighter VT Slime Pits run in my playthrough where just that happened, I fought the entire map full of monsters while there was a non-stop PoS spam vs. bosses going on simultaneously throughout the entire run and they only occasionally intersected. It was like I had stronger Swift Hands, because I was actually fighting higher and same level monsters instead of just munching on popcorn.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons