[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Codex - Items Thread (also pallete swaps)

Codex - Items Thread (also pallete swaps)

All things Desktop Dungeons

Codex - Items Thread (also pallete swaps)

Postby Lujo on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:58 pm

Made a thread asking about subdungeons so I can fill up my codex and ended up solving the issue partially, but there IS something (or several somethings) amiss and we could use the opportunity to finally get that sorted out: Let's try to get all the damned items sorted out finally :)

STATUS: I'm currently at 112 out of 114 items in the codex, with 0 idea of what they are. The Codex item entry has no way to be easily ordered or browsed and is a bit of a pile.

STUFF WHICH DOESN'T HAVE CODEX ENTRIES BUT PROBABLY SHOULD (add more if you know about them):

- Wand of Binding (the lockerable blue slayer wand thing which makes AA's out of your target)
- Orb of Lusory (the 10% one which looks and is named exactly as the regular 50% one)
- Activated prayer beads

UNKNOWN STATUS:

- Depleted Glyph? Where is it? What is it? Does it have a entry? ANSWER: No, it doesn't have a codex entry. It's the B2P from down below and I found it in NL.
- There's a B2P glyph you can find in a sub, somewhere, is that it or is it something else? ANSWER: Apparently yes according to the wiki, but I couldn't find it to confirm the question above.
- Are the Strange Mixture and the Jadetooth potion the same thing? ANSWER: Yes, that's Jadetooth's Potion.

GENERAL ISSUE

Codex could help players by informing them which categories items belong to - lockerable/unlockerable, Elite, Quest (this is very important because of preps), wich it doesn't. It's quite difficult and could take a long time for someone with 114 items to tell someone with 112 which one they're missing because it's so unwieldly. CORRECTION: The items are sorted in alphabetical order! It's just that things with "" ("Courage Juice", "Penance", "Forlorn") are listed at the beginning and things with ´´ are lister aphabetically (´Tea´) which has confused me all this time. CORRECTION 2: There ARE markings, but they don't have tooltips and are indistinct so tools like me don't even figure out they're there!

NEW SUGGESTION: Since I've finally made a big list of stuff that's lockerable, how about adding a marking of that if one of the markings doesn't allready indicate it? If yes, then tooltips possibly?
Last edited by Lujo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:50 pm, edited 9 times in total.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Re: Is everything right with subdungeons? !

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:25 am

And just when I finally crack after being patient for almost 2/3 of a whole playthrough, and write a post about it - I found both XD

Right, so, the Crumbling ward has a codex entry.

The Wand of Binding, on the other hand, DOESN'T, even though it's lockerable. The "no codex entry" part is strange, and might be a bug.

And if IT wasn't what I was missing, then there's 2 codex item entries that I don't know what in the world they're supposed to be.

I'll make a few pics of my codex stuff organized into somewhat sensible categories, maybe we can finally figure out how to fully complete your codex. ^^ It's a bit of a mystery and while I know the devs would probably rather have themselves shot than dive into it, the item codex entry pages are kinda terrible because they don't convey stuff which people might actually want to know - lockerabiliy, what category the item belongs to (Basic, Quest, Elite) etc.

---

EDIT: There are also 2 Orbs of Lusory, one you find all the time in Halls of Steel, and one which looks exactly the same, is named exactly the same, but gives only 10% and I'm not sure is lockerable (might be though), but has no codex entry.
Lujo

Re: Codex - Items Thread (also pallete swaps)

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:48 am

Ok, what I have in there is, after a lot of work:

The 8 Elite items:

The 8 Basic items:

The 6 Blacksmith items:

The 6 (4 + 2 kinda) vicious rewards:

13 misc items (Seals, Preps, Taurog's Junk, Prayer Bead and some random junk):

22 Quest Rewards (Challenges, Puzzles, and Map Quests):

9 standard potions + 4 nonstandard ones:

^ Strange Mixture seems to be the name of Jadetooth's Potion, but the wiki sayes there's another one which doesn't exactly do the same thing.

--- And the Subdungeon items number 36 for me:

And that last one is the problematic one. I could order it better, probably, but it adds up to 112, and that means I'm missing 2, but the codex is also missing at least 3 which I'm sure I had in my inventory (or locker as it were), and I'm sure there's a depleted glyph somewhere which may or may not have or even be my missing codex entry.

Anyone care to help out with figuring this out? I'm missing 2 entries.

I'll also try to figure out the subdungeon stuff according to it's lockerability.

---

EDIT: I found Jadetooth, and his potion is the strange mixture. I also found the Depleted B2P in the east, and it doesn't have a codex entry. What in the world are the 2 missing things? If they're in subdungeons it's actually pretty damned hard to find them because several subs are kinda streaky as hell (Sir Thrawn in the East, Schadenfraude + Compression Seal seemingly everywhere, Lost Lekon in the East etc.).
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:26 am

Things ARE ordered alphabetically! It's just that things with two "" are listed before anything else, and things with `` (Tea) are listed as you'd expect. The order is this one, as several people on the Steam Boards who also have 112 have noted:

1. "Courage Juice"
2. "Forlorn"
3. "Penance"
4. Agnostic's Collar
5. Alchemist's Scroll
6. Amulet
7. Amulet of Yendor
8. ARMOUR.EXE
9. Avatar's Codex
10. Badge of Honour
11. Balanced Dagger
12. Battlemage Ring
13. Bear Mace
14. Blade of Yin
15. Bloody Sigil
16. Blue Bead
17. Bound Sword
18. Burn Salve
19. Can of Whupaz
20. Compression Seal
21. Cracked Amulet
22. Cracked Orb
23. Cracked Soul Orb
24. Crumbling Ward
25. Crystal Ball
26. Dairy Diary
27. Dented Helm
28. Dragon Heart
29. Dragon Shield
30. Dragon Soul
31. Draining Blade
32. Dwarven Gauntlets
33. Elven Boots
34. Essence Potion
35. Fabulous Treasure
36. Fake Beard
37. Fine Sword
38. Fire Heart
39. Fortitude Tonic
40. Gate Scroll
41. Gloat
42. Gloves of Midas
43. Goat Horn
44. Gorgward
45. Health Potion
46. Hero's Helm
47. Keg O' Health
48. Keg O' Mana
49. LEMMISI(?)
50. Long Rant
51. Mage Plate
52. Mana Potion
53. Martyr Wraps
54. Mass09's Ledger
55. Midas Mantle
56. Mystera Scripture
57. Naga Cauldron
58. Namtar's Ward
59. Nom Nom
60. Orb of Lusory
61. Orb of Zot
62. Patches the Teddy
63. Pendant of Health
64. Pendant of Mana
65. Pepper The Dog
66. Perseverance Badge
67. Philosopher's Stone
68. Piercing Wand
69. Platemail
70. Prayer Bead
71. PROTECT.EXE
72. Quicksilver Potion
73. Really Big Sword
74. Recipe Scroll
75. Reflex Potion
76. Ritual Scroll
77. Rock Heart
78. Schadenfreude Potion
79. Sensation Stone
80. Shield
81. Shop Scroll
82. Skullpicker
83. Slayer Wand
84. Soul Orb
85. Spider Amulet
86. Spoon
87. Sticky Stick
88. Stone Sigil
89. Strange Mixture
90. Strength Potion
91. Sword
92. 'Tea'
93. Titan Guitar
94. Tokoloshe Charm
95. Tower Shield
96. Translocation Seal
97. Transmutation Seal
98. Tri-Sword
99. Troll Heart
100. Vampiric Blade
101. Venom Dagger
102. Viper Ward
103. Wall Cruncher
104. Wand of Splosion
105. Wereward
106. Whisper Charm
107. Whurrgarbl
108. Wicked Guitar
109. Will
110. Wisp Gem
111. Witchalok Pendant
112. Yang's Sword

Does anyone at all have more than 112 entries, on an older profile or something?
Lujo

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:46 pm

All right, so I went and did this... Jesus...

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDu ... n_Dungeons

All the stuff with codex entries with the best artworks I could wrangle, arranged into categories (fingers crossed the devs do decide to clean the whole thing up, I gave my suggestions in the daily thread, it's basically bugs and cleanup anyway)

The "Unlisted" items probably needs a ling to a separate page to keep this one as browsable as possible, the "Unclear" stuff need confirmation, obviously, various things need better graphics, and the wole "conversion fodder" part needs it's own page , also obviously, and it probably needs cleanup and there's bound to be errors...

But there it is, finally.

Oh, Avatar's Codex also still has the wrong art, that's now used for the Dairy Diary, and I haven't had the strength to track stuff without codex entries as the only lockerable thing without an entry that I'm aware of is the Wand of Binding which I did put up there.
Lujo

Postby Kami on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Great work lujo

I somehow had one codex entry with 113 entries but the savefile got lost. :(
Kami

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:42 pm

Ty. It's entirely possible that I missed something, but so have folks over at the Steam boards, and it's been a bit of a pain for a while now I suppose.
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:58 am

We're not going to re-organise an entire codex section, no. So few people use the codex that it's just not worth it to streamline something into these nonsensical categories... There's so many other things that actually have an impact that need doing.

If we did this again, we wouldn't have a codex.
dislekcia

Postby flap on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:39 am

flap

Postby Tinker on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:43 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons