Who's who in the Dailies? a.k.a. the Great Unmasking thread!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Who's who in the Dailies? a.k.a. the Great Unmasking thr

Postby William on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Mmm...

Like: VGT
Dislike: Labyrinth
Good at: Hexx Ruins
Bad at: Naga City(?)
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Nurator on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:56 am

Like: Namtars Lair (I like the progression of the boss fights)
Dislike: Cursed Oasis
Good at: Hobblers Hold :D
Bad at: Ick Swamp
Nurator

Postby Tinker on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Post removed by the poster as inappropriate for DD forums. Apologies to anyone offended! :oops:
Last edited by Tinker on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:21 pm

Did you get this from somewhere? So, picking an option is going to say something about my personality?

Anyway, I would first point out that interesting and attractive are different but I understand you probably included both as you thought either one would be too restrictive.

Just to entertain you, I am making a choice, I pick B (D sounds about right to me too, minus the part behind in brackets). And I am choosing based on interesting rather than attractive.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby William on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:46 am

To me it would be a tie between B and C. Which would you choose, Tinker? (If you were male in an alternative universe or something?)
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Tinker on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Just want to bump this thread, seeing how there are some new faces around. Sharing anything is totally optional (though welcome)! :)

The first post lists the info on all players who shared anything (and is regularly updated when new info gets posted).
Tinker

Postby Zazzlegut on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:13 pm

From a brief sampling, it looks like Cursed Oasis is pretty much universally disliked. I would have to agree with that, though I suppose that could change as one improves on playing a certain dungeon.

I used to not like Labyrinth but now it often feels easy. Ick Swamp, however, is still very appropriately named.

I have yet to even try Namtar's Lair and haven't yet beaten Naga City, so I don't think it's fair for me to judge those yet.
Zazzlegut

Postby Tinker on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:44 am

New Topic! (I wanted to make a thread and then remembered this old one.)

Question: why did you pick your nickname, and what does it mean (if anything)? Is there another nickname you (almost) picked instead?

I'll start, though I'm sure most people have already guessed at least half of it... :)

So thing is, I didn't know this forum existed, though I did find the wiki via google. I was doing the class challenges at the time, and I wanted to look up some info on the Assassin Silver challenge, if I remember correctly. And the wiki had some info on it, but it didn't have anything on a lot of the other class challenges! So I thought, as I'm anyway going through them, I might as well add the ones that are missing. But the wikimedia server requires registration, so I picked "Tinker" as my nick there, having no clue that I'd ever use it for anything else. (At the time, Transmuter was my favourite class, and I thought about using that, but I felt that was too long for a nickname, and so I picked my second-favorite that had a nice ring to it... :lol:). I only learned of this forum's existence when Darvin brought one of the layout questions up here, and linked the forum topic onto my wiki talk page... And well since they use the same login, it made sense to keep my nickname (which I anyway grew kind of fond of in the meantime, and recently set it also as my handle elsewhere! :) ).
Tinker

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:54 am

Well, I think there are various reasons to why I chose my current nickname/forum name:

1. I really love the D.Gray-Man series, :) Especially like the protagonist, Allen Walker, because he's so cool, he is both "the good and the bad", well ... he is an Exorcist (good guy that vanquishes the "evil" - the Noah family and their Akuma) and he also has the memories/persona of a Noah within him. I don't think the manga has ended but well the whole story and anime (watched the anime first) are really interesting and cool, :)

2. I am quite fond of "emoticons" or the smileys and stuff, so when I came up with my nick, I thought it looked pretty much like ~'(^ + ^)'~, Allen's golem so I just stuck with it. My nick is also used for my Steam profile name, :) Also remembered seeing some guy on steam having a nice "emoticon" name too: (-(-_(-_-)_-)-)

3. I get to have a "unique" name that pretty much would be super hard for another person to accidentally pick the same one as mine.

Wouldn't have picked another nick, well the other nick is what I usually use for my other profile/(s) (used for deviantArt) and not even sure how I got it in the first place, name just came to me (in a dream?).
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby William on Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:47 pm

Mmm, as I have mentioned to Tinker in a PM before, I suck at creative thinking, hence why my user name is just my name. ;)
"Because Goatperson"
William

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons