[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Getting silver/gold on Vicious - community-driven

Getting silver/gold on Vicious - community-driven

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Getting silver/gold on Vicious - community-driven

Postby The Tapir on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:22 pm

The Tapir

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:32 pm

Strange, I've just done Namtars Lair with a Hoarder Tinker using nothing but Pissorff and Crystal ball (and whatever sinergizes) for the most part (Alchemist Pact and a few points of mana from the gods, B2P, nothing from the subdungeons). Only used fireballs for the phys res form. What seems to be the problem? Because that's most likely the easiest method for doing that place, I'm not sure what to recommend otherwise.

If you're going Warmonger than a berserker, most likely, with Dragonshield, and you need to make sure you go down with cleansing, but getting your phys resistance up to snuff might prove to be a pain, and it's way more complicated than PoS...

Pos is just - farm 100 Binlor Piety (damage boons optional, I ussually get them) - move to a different god - make sure there's something to slap a boss into that's not a wall - loot the shops for anything spellcastery or that gives base damage, but emphasize refills (in other words save money for the CB) - get to an arbitrary level between 2 and 5 (often just 1, one kill away from 2) - spam pissorf untill either the boss or whever you're slapping him into drops otherwise ignore any numbers on the screen, just watch the bars to see if they're epmty - if the bars are empty kill stuff untill you ding (use healing potions if you have them to get heatlh to do so) - keep doing it untill all the bossess are dead - if you killed something and don't have anything to slap the boss into, use pissorff or whatever to move him further (often easier if you move stuff in advance). Refill bars with potions and CB and Schadenfraude and whatever the god supplies when you feel like it, but rather go for dings if possible. Make sure you're not slapping a phys res guy into stuff but the other way around. That's it, any dungeon, any monsters, any class/race, numbers highly irrelevant, debuffs highly irrelevant, gods highly irellevant, gameplay always the same and more strightforward than even the Rat King was. Orcs and Wizards just somewhat better at it than most others and not by much really for some.

Only tricky bit most of the time is if the boss spawins somewhere where it's difficult to hit him into something, but it's very rare that there's nothing to slam him into at all. Otherwise you gotta play it not like you're playing a DD run, but like you're a serviceman for a bot that's coded to always win a DD run whatever the run is 100% guranteed and you're just there to pull levers when the little bars run out of mana and health to refill them. Or like you're watching a you tube vid that keeps pausing itself every so often and you have to click on something to keep it chugging but what you have to click on changes place on the screen.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:46 am

Well then, if completion with multiple classes is your goal, let me recommend a couple of approaches.

For Demonic Library a little angel actually wrote some tips into the Wiki. I recommend checking it out. Some specific combinations you might appreciate: Human Paladin of (GG/JJ/Dracul); Orc Thief of GG; Gnome Tinker of Mystera. I find it a good idea to go for the first Demon Lord kill at L6 or so. Since you know the layout, you can direct early exploration towards the Demon Lord that will be easiest for you to kill. A fireball-based caster wants to start top-right due to Perivolcan Pa being easy pickings with fireballs but difficult otherwise. A melee character should generally start left, or top-left if having sizeable phys.res.

For Namtar's, I haven't completed everything yet, but I had easy time with the Orc Fighter of Mystera, the Orc Wizard of JJ (PISORF didn't spawn but it's not essential), the Gnome Bloodmage and the Elf Assassin of TT.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Berzee on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Wow, I've been working on all the classes in Demonic Library for the past couple of weeks on and off, and I never realized that the bosses always spawn in the same areas. Awareness failure! That will be useful knowledge for finishing off that dungeon, thanks. :D
Berzee

Postby The Tapir on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:42 pm

The Tapir

Postby The Tapir on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:37 pm

Well, since I've got enough money to make some more Vicious runs, I'm ready once again for more challenges in Vicious dungeons - anything is allowed, though do note that suggestions for VGT will likely not be completed very readily as I have little to no experience with that dungeon and have largely fallen flat on my face attempting it.
The Tapir

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:24 pm

You looking for weird, tough, or surprisingly doable? :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Tapir on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:01 pm

The Tapir

Postby Astral on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:12 pm

How about Gnome Monk of Binlor with Martyr Wraps, while the challenge is that you can't use Burdayraz.
Pick a map you'd like to try it on.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby The Tapir on Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:19 pm

The Tapir

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons