[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Getting silver/gold on Vicious - community-driven

Getting silver/gold on Vicious - community-driven

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Getting silver/gold on Vicious - community-driven

Postby Tinker on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:14 pm

I have two more tasks for you (unfortunately, neither necessarily involve the Codex). So here goes:

Task 1: defeat Namtar's Lair with the Orc Warlord. I do not specify god or anything, however there is one prep you must take: the Bear Mace blacksmith prep. Good Luck! :)

Task 2: raze Vicious Steel using an Elf Assassin. For bonus points, do it with the Vicious Token.

In either case, if you try it and fail miserably, let me know, I'll give some more pointers, I just don't want to spoil the fun beforehand! :lol:
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:07 pm

^ I give thumbs up on both of those, Tinker is brilliant when coming up with odd looking stuff which is actually awesome :)

I gotta come up with one involving Dwarf Crusaders, everyone ought to discover that guy, I just have to see where eaxactly he's best experienced in a Vicious setting :)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby The Tapir on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:54 pm

The Tapir

Postby Tinker on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:41 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Caulder on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:19 am

lets go with a fun one human rouge of gg or drac demonic library (gg makes getting to the avatar easier well drac can make the avatar a cake walk with free health from the ???'s hell drac is basically required for unstoppable unless you don't need to kill the ???'s which makes me sad
Caulder

Postby The Tapir on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:43 am

The Tapir

Postby Lujo on Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:57 am

^ I've just had a Warmonger Gnome Berserker in Namtar's Lair, and managed to do it, if you're still considering the Berserker NL challenge, you might consider taking a look at the preps (it's the last run in the playthrough). The frst form guy is the big problem, so I went in with a plan and lucked out on scoring a Body Pact (and a Cleansing + STR Potion hit on him, too).

There are at least 2 more vicious challenges in the last two runsheets, maybe one of those piques your interest? Tinker's ones have nice plans and cool interactions, these are more rough and PQI-ey but who knows? :)
Lujo

Postby Caulder on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:48 pm

the biggest thing with the human rouge is getter to being able to survive 1 hit from the demons as you should be able to 2 shot any of them with your melee or with namtar most of the bosses can be won with some fire balls and hitting him with the apropriate lvl (enlightenment is really useful on namtar even with 0 beads)
Caulder

Postby The Tapir on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:19 pm

Well, so far both Demonic Library and Namtar's Lair have been both very effective at getting me hours for the Masochist achievement, as the human rogue that Caulder suggested has had horrible luck with either finding health providing items to boost his survivability or with the dungeon spawning in a friendly way. The closest I got on Demonic Library was 25% health on the Avatar before he blocked off the stairs, preventing a protection to tank an enraged hit. On Namtar's Lair, my best run nearly got to go down the stairs to the physical resist form before my computer decided to crash upon attempting to convert some glyphs I didn't need. Any tips? I'd really like to beat Namtar's Lair for once, and more wins on Demonic Library wouldn't be too bad either.

EDIT: And of course, as soon as I say that I beat Namtar's Lair using Tinker's Orc Warlord, though it was a close one; had just enough mana to finish off the 75% physical resist form before I'd start losing the regen fight. Anyways, it's nice to now know I've completed every dungeon at least once.
Last edited by The Tapir on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tapir

Postby Lujo on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Well if you want to beat it at any cost, go Orc Wizard of Binlor with Crytal ball and do the right thing by hitting monsters into Namtars instead of Namtar into walls. Keep the fireball around for the phys resistant guy as there's nothing to slap into him, and keep the endiswal around (you can get one from Binlor) so that you can remove one piece of the wall at the bottom of the corridor, then PoS the bastard into the next piece and keep slapping him down the corridor (explore first so he doesn't regen) for the fireball retaliatey form.
Lujo

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons