[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Wonnafyt

Wonnafyt

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Wonnafyt

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:50 pm

Well, the fun thing is that I don't even use the fireball all that often - it is also interchangeble with anything else. Plenty of maps where I didn't touch it, and enough maps where I didn't go warmonger but I didn't go either Fireball or Pissorf. No maps whatsoever when Wonafyt didn't spawn where there was any reason not to pick it up and do it's thing.

And the fireball coment was charming, but please, I'm being serious here. Any thread on any subject can be trolled with "just take firebal omgz it's a guaranteed spawn it does everything".
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:28 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:02 pm

Right, except - you don't waste any exploration, because on mazy maps you'd waste a bunch anyway just moving around between monsters. And that's just the thing, you don't waste anything by moving popcorn out of the way, because it becomes slowed and when you kill it you'll waste nothing on that, and you'll need to regen less if you move it out of the way than if you blast it. And you'll never kill it at the wrong time, it'll never debuff you, it wont leave an acid pool, won't poison you, have first strike or whatever - and as opposed to wheytwut, you don't have to run into it, or uncover any tiles in order to move it away. If the monster has magic resistance - it still costs 5 mana per attempt to move it, rather than 8, and it also homes in on the non-resistant ones first.

So even if my plan is to use every single glyph as %based mana refill for the fireball, there's actually little to gain from picking up the actual fireball untill possibly well into the level, while not using the Wonnafyt every time you see it is just not being aware of what it does for you. It's even convinently costed so that even if you're purist you can cast it twice without budging from the entrance, and it can be a while until you get the second mana point.

I'm not kidding about this one bit, I didn't take a head trip one day and developed delusions, I've been posting screenies of my wins for 2 months now (or feels like it), and there's way too much Wonnafyt in there, and way too many of them could've been described as "had wonnafyt won map righ there", except it would be depressing so I didn't describe it too often.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:42 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:54 pm

I'm locking this thread because it's just going to go to nasty places.

Also, I doubt that WONAFYT will change.
dislekcia

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons