Race Ideas?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Race Ideas?

Postby Caulder on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:13 pm

Just and idea to make a thread for new race ideas so I made one

ROBOT
-200(+50 per uses) = Resistance caps plus 5%

This might be to low of a conversion threshold but I think that not even a monk can reach a cap of 100 making them invulnerable as its would need 1500 and I don't think that is quite doable at this point or it is it is rather difficult to reach if it is.
Caulder

Re: Race Ideas?

Postby MTaur on Tue May 05, 2015 1:58 am

It's often difficult to achieve resistance caps anyway. If you could literally reach 100%, it would be broken, and 90% would already be pushing it. Also, Monks already have a higher maximum. Maybe plain old damage reduction would work, but then again, Robot sort of feels like a monster class to me to begin with.

The trouble with damage reduction, though, is that it's really good, to the point that Platemail would be broken if not for the severe penalty. And a Robot with Platemail would in one way or another double up on everything. And we would also need to make sure it adds something new to the game while also not making Dwarves obsolete.

Some sort of bonus to resists and max resists, not necessarily the same amount and not scaling over 85% or so even for monks, might be doable. It would just have to somehow fail to upstage dwarves. It would have to feel sort of weak at low levels, to make up for how it scales better than flat health for reasons like regeneration efficiency with HALPMEH and exploration and the like.

Maybe it can be done, but I'm not sure it's worth it. Also, even if a new race were added, the portrait-drawing combinatorics would be huge and would require a full-blown sequel to justify the labor, most likely.
MTaur

Re: Race Ideas?

Postby Lynzkar on Fri May 08, 2015 9:30 pm

Here are some absurd ones

Teifling : (Bussniess Demons) (I have acctualy been working on bussniess demon race my self, with sprites and such)
Every 70 conversion points spawns a shop
or
Every 110+10stacking conversion points, spawn a random item on the floor (Enjoy getting forlorn and sensation stone)

Troll : (Poor Memmory)
Every 85 conversion points covers 5 random tiles, making them rexploreable.

Slime-person-thing : (Multiply)
Every 115 conversion points, spawn a level 1 goo blob with 10hp*yourlevel health, and 3*yourlevel damage
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Return to Desktop Dungeons