Free Update - Desktop Dungeons: Enhanced Edition

All things Desktop Dungeons

Free Update - Desktop Dungeons: Enhanced Edition

Postby GoatBot on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:21 pm

GoatBot

Re: Free Update - Desktop Dungeons: Enhanced Edition

Postby Nurator on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:39 am

Awesome :) Cant wait to play on the tablet :)
Nurator

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:49 am

Yes, great news! Have you tried to play on a 7 inch screen, or is it too small?
berpdreyfuss

Postby dislekcia on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:22 am

berpdreyfuss wrote:Yes, great news! Have you tried to play on a 7 inch screen, or is it too small?

We've tested on 10" and 8" tablets. It should be playable on 7" screens as well, it might be a tad fiddly - but there's a bunch of selection logic to try and "guess" what you meant to click on.
dislekcia

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:36 am

dislekcia wrote:
berpdreyfuss wrote:Yes, great news! Have you tried to play on a 7 inch screen, or is it too small?

We've tested on 10" and 8" tablets. It should be playable on 7" screens as well, it might be a tad fiddly - but there's a bunch of selection logic to try and "guess" what you meant to click on.

Sounds great. I have tried to play DD on my android tablet via remote desktop and I could imagine it working at that size but the controls were way too clumsy, so it might work with the interface for touch devices. Can't wait to try it!
berpdreyfuss

Postby Tinker on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:00 pm

This seed will be different on each of the mobile platforms, so while you can only play the daily once per day on PC(inc. Mac and Linux) you’ll be able to play a second hypothetical re-enactment on your iPad and then a third on your Android tablet. Each with their own leaderboards.

For some reason I thought that there would be one daily, and you can play it on any day on any device, thus bringing the same content to all regardless of platform. I'm surprised to see three distinct dailies and leaderboards, is this because of some limitations on the workings of the mobile platforms, i.e. is using the game faster / easier on PC and comparison of the results would not be "fair"? :o
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Nurator on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:20 pm

I hope they are all different. Else it would be REALLY easy to cheat^^
Nurator

Postby Tinker on Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Nurator wrote:I hope they are all different. Else it would be REALLY easy to cheat^^

Why? You have the same profile accross devices, no? You can already buy two copies of the game and create a separate profile and use one to scout the daily and the other to ace it, though it's not normally needed to do so thanks to the usually generous difficulty. Or you could just use some cheat console. But that just takes the fun away, doesn't it?
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Nurator on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:10 pm

Yeah you are right... if logging in on one device kicks you out in the other this is true. I never understood cheaters, that get lvl 1 on a highscore list by cheating. Do they feel proud?^^
Nurator

Postby Lynzkar on Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:32 pm

Nurator wrote:Yeah you are right... if logging in on one device kicks you out in the other this is true. I never understood cheaters, that get lvl 1 on a highscore list by cheating. Do they feel proud?^^

Some people like to see them selves on top of the leaderboard, regardless wether they cheated or not.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons