Three things I *love* about Desktop Dungeons

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Three things I *love* about Desktop Dungeons

Postby TheSchachter on Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:59 am

It's hard to be brief when expressing my love for this game. Every time I try I end up vomiting entire text walls of praise.

Here's one thing i can say about Desktop Dungeons that I don't think I can honestly say about any other game: This is the only game where "1000+ hours to do everything" actually stands in the game's favour. No other game has actually compelled me to stick with it for so long without wanting to move on to something else and leave it behind. Nothing felt like padding in spite of the fact I've sunk in so many hours. I think this is an incredible accomplishment that very few games can claim: The core gameplay is so solid that it never grows old.

And definitely +1 on the community and dev team. This is the best place on the Internet to hang out by far! :)
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Re: Three things I *love* about Desktop Dungeons

Postby Blovski on Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:25 pm

1. Very little flab. Everything's useful.
2. Differentiated playstyles. Also, I can find new strats through putting together bits and pieces of items and boons to match up to an archetype in my head, Lujo can mercilessly hound the slightest hint of imbalance and turn it into a monster, Sydstepper can pick up on all of a dungeon's weak spots and assemble a dungeon-slaying arrow and Astral can do gamebreaking math-crunching approaches. The most successful detachable bits of all the new strats (like self-cannoning or corrosion applying to a second knockback) then get put into the borg-mind for use on everyday runs.

3. The community side is satisfying partly because the game caters to all of these approaches really equally.
Blovski

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons