[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Basic info about update

Basic info about update

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Basic info about update

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Or just preb Binlor on an Orc Wizard with Crystal Ball if only need to do it once. The bossess are always in the same place you just need to move them around a bit.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:17 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby MTaur on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:26 pm

Did I mention that it's the week before finals and I'm behind on grading? This update is so troll...

I appreciate the pointers, but Vicious is always a significant challenge for me even with a good build idea to work with. If VGT is S+, and some lesser stuff is S, I'm like an A or A- at this game. (Someone decided that S is higher than A, and I don't know how that came about. The amp goes up to 11, it seems.)
MTaur

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Darvin

Postby fall_ark on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 pm

fall_ark

Postby MTaur on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:10 pm

MTaur

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:44 pm

Darvin

Postby Lujo on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Same thing here, the Dragon and something else were crashes, I missclicked myself to death twice, and once I gave up mid run because I just flat didn't feel like playin the Rat even if it was for keepsies.

If you want to learn a way to dodge most challenges with any race/class (to a degree), try to work out PoS (pissof spam). Orc spellcasters are best for it, and it's actually really, really simple when you get down to it (I suppose most people mess up by trying to do more expecting you need to do/think more than you actually need to and just overstep themselves). You prep Binlor, Crystal Ball and Extra mana and hit monsters into each other but in a way that you never click the pissof on anything that has physical resists or blink. A little practice with it and it beats anything, for real, and has very little moving parts / things to actually do in it. It's really strong in DL for topside once you figure it out, because the only thing it cares about concerning the Deamon Lords is their health (which is terrible for lvl 10's) and where they are (and they're always in the same spot so moving them or some of them is not that tricky). And once you're done with them, you just use whatever's left on the board for the Avatar.

Once you figure that thing out, untill it hopefully gets nerfed (it's kinda buggy and over-the-top), you won't fear any dungeon/race/class/badge/monster ever again, and any run you lose you'll know you only lost it because you went for something else ^^
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby MTaur on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:34 pm

I've beaten Naga City and Dragon Isles with three classes each, and no Pisorf spam. It's nice that you're not locked in to that. Maybe I'm too much of a doubter, but I refuse to believe Pisorf is reliable or significantly better than fireballs no matter how much anyone proves otherwise. The idea won't fit in my head.
MTaur

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons