[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - DD Statistics

DD Statistics

All things Desktop Dungeons

DD Statistics

Postby Tinker on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:29 am

Is the statistics shown on the http://www.desktopdungeons.net/stats_page/ page updated? As the text seems to be the same as it was when I checked it some months ago, my impression is that this is a snapshot, taken around the time the article was posted (Feb 2014). Is there any intention to show in some form either live or periodically updated statistics? (I'm asking because I really liked the shards of information Dislekcia shared about i.e. Blacksmith preparations, I find these things rather exciting... ;) ).

Furthermore, is there any way to get statistics for a subset of players, or perhaps for a single player? I would love to know, for example, silly things like which preps I'm taking the most often; which classes / races / deities I'm using the most often? And if possible more advanced things like am I locked into some permanent combinations (like, always taking the same preps with certain classes or races or combination of things)? It would help me to try new things in a way no PQI can... (I mean, I know about the acute Gnomitis Mysteratis affliction I seem to have, but beyond that? :lol: )
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Re: DD Statistics

Postby Lujo on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:38 am

I think being able to see your statitics was something that only the select few people who preordered a donation-like expensive early preorder got. Or at least that was written about it back then. Which woudl be a shame, I'd also love to be able to see my stats :(
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby dislekcia on Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Those stats are up to date, they're pulled from our DB. The text is not dynamic, so those conclusions might be wrong by now.

Build more advanced stat stuff might be interesting, but our servers are already having a hard time without having to compute hectic inner joins for a single webpage ;)
dislekcia

Postby Tinker on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:23 pm

dislekcia

Postby Gakato on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Gakato

Postby Tinker on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:13 pm

Tinker

Postby haaxtus on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:08 pm

haaxtus

Postby Tinker on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:40 pm

I've been thinking about it a bit, and I'm wondering whether there's an element that once players know how the .run files are made up, they can artificially edit/construct run files for purposes of faking their completion of certain map-class-badge combinations. What purpose that would serve in a single player game is beyond me (except, of course, to re-rainbow VGT post-Rat :) ), but nevertheless I can imagine that this is a consideration.

I mean, I do hope this is not a consideration, and we are on the verge of a new era in which clever tools help players improve their skills with personal statistics, still I thought it might bear mention (especially since dislekcia is more likely to respond to a post that says what he thinks, or at least half of what he thinks, or at least tries really hard to say at least half of what he thinks... :) ).
Tinker

Postby haaxtus on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:46 pm

haaxtus

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons