[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Theorycrafting - if they were large items

Theorycrafting - if they were large items

All things Desktop Dungeons

Theorycrafting - if they were large items

Postby MTaur on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:36 pm

I'm not sure what the numbers should be...

Venom Sword - +2 base damage, Poison: 3

Balanced Sword - +2 base damage, +2XP for same-level kill

Blue Plate - +1 mana/kill, 1 damage reduction/lvl
Alternative: Blue Neclace - After killing an enemy, your next glyph cast costs 2 mana less.

Perseverance Trophy - +25% damage

Goblet Of Health - 40% health restored, 2x regen for next 5 tiles.
(Similarly for Chalice of Mana)

Coppertone Urn - Cleanses burn/corrosion AND grants 5 stacks of prevention (consumed by either status proc)
(Similarly for Egg Yolk Breakfast)

Pwnzor's Keg of Xtreme Hurt - 1x Might stack, auto-replenish after the next 4 attacks. Next attack drops monster health by 25%.

Overzealous Helm - Protection from Poison, Mana burn, and Curse

Guardian's Necklace - 8 beads' worth of enchantment in ONE large item slot! What an awesome deal!

Witchalok Mantle - Grants Might and a layer of Stoneskin for each fireball cast.
Last edited by MTaur on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MTaur

Re: Theorycrafting - if they were large items

Postby Darvin on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:47 pm

Darvin

Postby MTaur on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:23 am

Venom sword - Poison: 2 or 1 then? Venom Dagger is largely regarded as sort of weak as a prep.

Large consumables - we can make it a witch prep? Not being able to buy it would be a big deal.

Guardian's Necklace - This would be a straight-up buff to GG. The idea is that each multiple of 8 frees up 3 inventory slots when you cash in Enlightenment. Not necessarily needed, but it's fun thematically.

I definitely spared a thought for Dwarven Gauntlets and how awesome they are. Perseverance Trophy could use some changes for flavor, perhaps. If the Trophy were a Blacksmith prep, it would stack.

Any alternative ideas for Blue Plate? Blue Bead + ???

Overzealous Helm - Basically Crusader's helm. Mostly a joke, but it would probably be ok as a large item.
MTaur

Postby MTaur on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:24 pm

I changed Blue Plate and added an alternative. Blue Plate might be too good with no drawback, or at least it probably shouldn't exist when Platemail exists. The nice thing about Platemail is that it's allowed to be good because it has a big drawback...
MTaur

Postby Darvin on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:44 pm

Darvin

Postby Nic on Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:46 am

Nic

Postby MTaur on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:57 am

MTaur

Postby Lynzkar on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:38 am

Spectral Dragon : 25% (or 33%) chance to not consume mana on spell cast
Holy sigil : +1 piety per kill, god boons costs 10% less
Commander's Badge : +25% Damage
Goat Skull : +20% damage + 2damage¨
Mass09's Book : swaps every monster's posision, having monsters of the same level as the player, apear closer to the player.
Gorgon's Eye : Deathgaze immunity, +10% deathgaze
Diety token : Consume to gain 30 piety (this conecept dosen't really work well for consumeables.
Wisp necklace : +30% damage, obtained upon collecting 5 wispgems in the same bar.
Tokoloshe necklance : +30% magic resistance, obtained upon collecting 5 Tokoloshe charms in the same bar.
Vegan-Vampire Cookbook : Killing a plant restores 5 hp
Wall destoryer : Destorys 10 nearby walls (again, this concept dosen't work well with consumables)
Whisper Necklace : +25% physical reistance, obtained by collecting 4 whisper charms + having space for a large item
Harmony Sword : +6 damage, consume to gain death protection

Most of these are rather broken, such as the Vegan-Vampire Cookbook, and the harmony sword. But for the amout of inventory space they take compared to their small counterparts, it is needed.
In conclution. Small items are rather strong.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Tinker on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:40 pm

There's one item I'd totally like to see in the game... Something like this:
Medicine Bag: click to transform into one each of the following potions: Burn Salve, Fortitude Tonic, Health Potion, Mana Potion
cost/cp could be along the line of the Kegs.
The point is: to be able to get Burn Salve&Fortitude Tonic off the non-apothecary stores. Flavor text could hint at Purist VGT or something :)
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby MTaur on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:50 pm

Medicine Bag could be cool.

I guess I could have an "if they were small items" thread too, but I bet shrinking everything would be equally silly and unlikely to be balanced.
MTaur

Return to Desktop Dungeons