[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Stheno

Stheno

All things Desktop Dungeons

Stheno

Postby grimskallen on Thu May 07, 2015 7:40 am

There might be a better place to write this, but!

Here is my plead to have Stheno have some sort text indicator about what happens when you hit her. Absorbing every monster in the dungeon and boosting herself while at it is not a minor thing.

I played the daily a few days ago on Hexx ruins, I had not played the dungeon for the longest of times and got super surprised by her suddenly made every enemy vanish and boosted her resistances to like 80%, especially rough since I couldn't level up anymore without the monsters either, I still won it through some mystera resistance lowering, but holy moly did I get surprised.

I love how this game gives you all the information in the world, and when you die it's your fault and this just feels counterintuative, especially demotivating for new players.

At the very least some indicator that something happens.
grimskallen

Re: Stheno

Postby Nurator on Thu May 07, 2015 10:49 am

Good idea, its the only place in the whole game, where you dont have enough information...
+1
Nurator

Postby Astral on Thu May 07, 2015 4:17 pm

I thought she did warn the player, in her boss speech.

It's another matter that most players don't take it seriously.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Darvin on Thu May 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Everyone loses Hexx Ruins the first time :lol:

When I first played the dungeon, there was no cap on burning so you could get obscenely low-level boss kills just by spamming fireballs non-stop. I found Stheno at level 3 and threw a fireball at her...
Darvin

Postby Lynzkar on Thu May 07, 2015 8:25 pm

She warns you. And if all information were shown to you from the start, desktop dungeons would lose alot of it's fun features.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby grimskallen on Fri May 08, 2015 5:10 pm

Meh, I still don't like it not having a indicator in text when hovering over like all the other bosses and enemies.
grimskallen

Postby Astral on Fri May 08, 2015 5:58 pm

I have a feeling you're going to get really annoyed when playing the first triple quest. Or Namtar's Lair.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lujo on Fri May 08, 2015 7:31 pm

Tinker Silver's a big ole pile of stupid unlabeled rockwalls. It's so ridiculous you can't even mind, by some point you feel obliged to just die and restart every time anything at all happens, just to not ruin the mood XD
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Fri May 08, 2015 8:54 pm

I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby grimskallen on Sat May 09, 2015 8:06 am

grimskallen

Return to Desktop Dungeons