Chemist Advice

All things Desktop Dungeons

Chemist Advice

Postby Berzee on Fri May 08, 2015 3:52 pm

Hi friends. I'm trying to go back and re-rainbow all the dungeons I had rainbowed before the new classes came out. :) So far I've done alright with the chemist, but I have a nagging feeling that I am not taking full advantage of his powers. The triple/quadruple BYSSEPS is fun (if rather mana-intensive) but I end up feeling more hobbled than empowered by the Health and Mana forms. Mostly this class reveals how apparently dependent I am on potion spikes. :P

Would all you all like to share your elite chemist strats to help me succeed in life?
Berzee

Re: Chemist Advice

Postby Lujo on Fri May 08, 2015 4:23 pm

He seems somewhat thrown togather from odds and ends, it doesn't seem to be easy to really make use of all of his stuff at the same time, you'll mainly focus on one or two things. Fun, though!

Any chemist can regen fight with fireballs fairly well. Always keep that in mind, people (me included) only try it with elves and they seem to work better with different approaches while many other guys need the techique more.

JJ Gobbo chemist is basically a JJ Gobbo with a prepped Bycepss and a ton of early mana for a ton of piety (allthough actually just spaming Bysceps and hitting something one by one is probably a better deal). GG Gobbo Chemist can regen the ton of health you get from absolution so you spike stuff like mad, and GG and Gobbos are best friends forever anyway. Probably the only guys who're better off health forming boon-health early and mana-forming bigass boon-mana pool later (if at all). You just do goblin stuff with them and it kinda works (Fire Heart's your friend, too).

Dwarf Chemists have a nice transition from Mystera Spell Spammer into Fat Spell Spammer. You spam stuff and then you get fat, and if there's anything on the board that works with big health you're a boss. If you can tank enough hits and are high enough level, Bycepss is +1 dmg per level, two hits are +3 dmg per level. Mystera to start with and have Refreshment on top of health form should work (provided refreshment works in health form), I've had good times with Mystera into EM. Mystera into Drac should be good, or just plain Mystera with Scholars pact ought to roll stuff well enough. It's always the same thing with Dwarves, you play the class for levels, then see what to pick up for the health pool abuse (mystera being kinda nice good for this as you save glyphs for some refreshment anyway, and once you're done with refreshments you ding and are a two bar blob).

Orc chemists can usually just prep Pissorff and the Ball and beat anything. Or stack resists, either works.

Human chemists are kinda like Dwarves, but better at regen fighting due to high damage, otherwise sorta meh.

Halflings are probably best off playing whatever god, Gnomes can regen fight with fireballs at any level (which is surprisingly handy as regen fighting with fireballs is very liable to level you up), but do need some extra mana.

Elves can just farm up anything piety can buy and ding like idiots. They're fine with regen fighting, but are sorta better off stacking a big Bycepss and finishing whatever off with their big mana pool backed up by Mystera (I'd even start them off in Earthmother for some Vine Forms to make applying Byceps to the face easier and random entanglements and refills, not to mention IMAWAL to leave you more popcorn as you level). TT should work too.

---

Most of that is somewhat casual, for vicious I mainly used Gobbos-doing-gobbo-things, Orc Pissorf spammers and an missplayed elf (went regen fighty, ran out of mana form, still won but figured I'd do that with gnomes and go punchy-dingy with Elves XD)
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Return to Desktop Dungeons