[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - All PQI Combinations! - please add any missing

All PQI Combinations! - please add any missing

All things Desktop Dungeons

All PQI Combinations! - please add any missing

Postby Tinker on Tue May 12, 2015 4:12 pm

This is the list of known PQI combinations. Please help by posting any other combination you encounter!

Tier 1
Fighter - Elf, Orc
Thief - Goblin
Priest - Elf, Gnome
Wizard - Halfling, Orc

Tier 2
Berserker - Elf, Gnome
Rogue - Goblin, Halfling
Monk - Elf, Goblin
Sorcerer - Dwarf, Goblin, Halfling

Tier 3
Warlord - Dwarf, Halfling
Assassin - Dwarf, Halfling
Paladin - Dwarf, Orc
Bloodmage - Goblin, Halfling

Explorers
Tinker - Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Human, Orc
Crusader - Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Goblin (?), Halfling, Human (?), Orc
Transmuter - Dwarf, Elf (?), Gnome (?), Goblin (?), Halfling, Human, Orc
Note on Explorers guild combinations: we believe all races are applicable for all three explorer classes; however, some combinations (marked with a (?) ) are not confirmed.

Audit Zeppelin
Chemist - Human

This is a cross-post from the How does the PQI algorithm work? thread, because I wanted to make it concise and ask for community help to flesh out the missing combinations. Big credits go to Lujo for his Another bloggy playthrough diary... topic, which I used to put together the initial list.

PQI logic in a nutshell:
Once the list is complete, I would propose to write up strategy tips on the wiki for each combination, ideally considering valid approaches for potential badges that can be asked by the PQI.
Last edited by Tinker on Wed May 13, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Re: All PQI Combinations! - please add any missing

Postby sitnaltax on Tue May 12, 2015 10:36 pm

A weird note: Before the EE update, I had every dungeon but VGT rainbowed. PQI always gave me a Vicious dungeon. Now, I lack Chemist and Rat on most dungeons; but PQI is always giving me a Hard dungeon, and I haven't got Chemist or Rat yet.
sitnaltax

Postby Lujo on Tue May 12, 2015 10:45 pm

You can add human to Tinkers, they're the only Humans I've seen in the PQI, but I have been offered humans. So if that theory hold, Tinkers can be anything?
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby Tinker on Tue May 12, 2015 10:46 pm

Tinker

Postby Lujo on Tue May 12, 2015 11:13 pm

Ye, true. What the "other" thief, folks? Can't be just the gobbo.

Also - if it really works like this, we can make very good use of the bloggy playthrough run fund to just do each combo throughly for a new wiki PQI builds page. I got all the pics on photobucket, we just pick one by one, I can move all the relevant pics into a spoiler here and we can analyze them easily (would be reflective of a playstyle, but it's still PQI so it's varied because of the badges and different dungeons and I only really streak particular builds when I'm fast-forwarding which isn't all that ofen when you consider how much I play/have played in the past.).
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Wed May 13, 2015 5:16 am

I've gotten elf tinker a couple of times from PQI
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Tinker on Wed May 13, 2015 1:29 pm

Tinker

Postby Berzee on Wed May 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Hmm, I don't think I ever saw an Orc Crusader or Halfling Priest in PQI. That would be too easy. =)
Last edited by Berzee on Wed May 13, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berzee

Postby Lujo on Wed May 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Ye, halfling priest isn't something I get for PQI Priests it's just Gnomes and Elves afaik (I might've missnoted something). Orc Crusaders... not sure, it's Halflings, Dwarves, Elves, Gnomes and possibly Goblins (not sure about gobbos). I'm not sure that exeplorer classes have any limitations at all.

But again, I'm still not 100% convinced the pool is fully fixed and not dynamic and related to playstyle prefferences in some way). As far as I remember it really used to be either picking dynamically or creating the pool depending on least played stuff, and "unlikely heroes" and "bonus bravery" are kind of designed (afaik) so folks who play them don't reach the PQI in a way which would make it streaky. Maybe they changed it in the meantime, but a lot of my PQI choices actually make complete sense in terms of what I've underplayed and overplayed historically.

Noise or no noise most of the stuff in the PQI is either stuff I've underplayed because I'd pick the strictly more favourable but simmilar stuff (Like Orc Paladins, since Human who doesn't show up makes a superior Pally), stuff I've underplayed because it was boringly powerful (Orc Wizard, Orc Fighter etc), stuff that just doesn't make sense to ever pick yourself (halfing warlord, gnome priest) or stuff that's just well rounded but I'd always pick something more extremely focused (Dwarf Sorcerer, Elf whatever, various gobbos). I could interpret the greater variety when it comes to exploration classess by having underplayed them relatively to other classes in general (although the default choices I'd pick for them don't show up at all). No humans is easy to explain in various ways, too. Not saying it's not a pre-set pool, It's possible that my least picked stuff is very close to what a pre-set pool would focus anyway, and a bunch of stuff I'm trademark good with is actually stuff I got bored of the PQI streaking and just played them a lot and got familliar with it on one playthrough or another (Goblin Sorcerer, for example, Dwarf sorcerer on this one).

But it doesn't look like my old PQI, I used to get a lot more Codex Happy monks back then, for example, this time it's mostly gobbos as far as the eye can see. I could even dig up an OLD playthrough thread with no picks and rummage around that to see what it was like.

Also Wizard is Orc, Dwarf, Goblin, - EDIT: Halfling

As for "too easy", heh, Orc Wizard and Orc Fighter are in there, those guys roll anything in ways that make assassins look like pacifists. You can play stright PQI and folks'll think you're cheezing like a fool ^^

I got them all on photobucket, I can just grab whichever class we want and we can see what we can get from the data to condens for wiki-crash-course :) Let's see, I'll just pick one class at random. (eh, can't not home, internet where I am sucks, will do so later).
Lujo

Postby Lynzkar on Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm

I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons