[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Option to turn off the death warning?

Option to turn off the death warning?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Option to turn off the death warning?

Postby Lujo on Thu May 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Could we get the god interface not to take us out of it when we take boons, though? (very common suggestion, legit I think)

And possibly just lose the red flash? (original topic before sidetrack :) )
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby berpdreyfuss on Thu May 14, 2015 2:26 pm

berpdreyfuss

Postby Tinker on Thu May 14, 2015 4:12 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Thu May 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Oh, there's one thing that wouldn't be comprimising any principles: noone dies to B2P, which is very nice, but the goat can easily kill himself because the's the only guy you can't spam it on without thinking about. But it does deplete your food and I've very often dropped out of nowhere that way. Would it be possible to do something about that, at least? B2P's great on a goat, so this happens very, very often.

And another thing that could really use a tweak in that regard is the retailate: fireball floor in VGT. Too many deaths in VGT happened by complete accident because the "you feel your magic withering slightly" doesn't convey that "you're likely to instantly drop dead if you use fireball like you do on every other floor".
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby chandl34 on Thu May 14, 2015 5:18 pm

An app shutdown confirmation could be useful too (such as Baldur's Gate 2's "Boo will miss you" dialog), since the app is best played windowed.
chandl34

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons