[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - [Wiki Class Discussion] Berserker

[Wiki Class Discussion] Berserker

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: [Wiki Class Discussion] Berserker

Postby Tinker on Tue May 19, 2015 3:14 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby lieronet on Tue May 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Content isn't great, I agree, but I'm in the minor leagues compared to other people here. I built that page fully hoping other people would flesh it out somewhat. I just saw a way to add some structure to the page and introduce the class in a more logical manner. Ideally, we'll fine-tune the Fighter page and start using it as a template for other class pages.

I don't think badge considerations should be mentioned on the class pages, that should stay on the scoring page I think. If we decide it's really important to go in-depth on badge strategy, we can make a new page for that.

Also, this is getting really off-topic. Should we start a thread for general wiki discussion?
lieronet

Postby Blovski on Tue May 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Blovski

Postby lieronet on Tue May 19, 2015 5:43 pm

My intent behind that space wasn't to point out every good item in the game, but just to take note of items with particular synergy (Witchalok Pendant on Sorcs and Thieves, for example). You're right, the game's broad strategies aren't something that needs to be spelled out in the class page, but it was never my intent to do so.
lieronet

Postby Tinker on Tue May 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Listing best items -> not good, you end up listing some of the same items (i.e. Mage Plate I could probably list for any class, as it's really awesome).

Listing specific synergies irrespective of usefulness -> not good, you end up listing niche / subpar combinations that may still be worse than a generic option most of the time

Having separate strategy sections, elaborating items / boons / etc. supporting the strategy (i.e. "resits stacking"), and mentioning/linking in case it's highly relevant for the class (i.e. Berserker) -> probably good (may be too much work though)

Listing specific synergistic items that are not necessarily linked to major strategies but are also very good -> probably good as long as we can agree on what's both good and synergistic :)

Like, we could list Mage Plate for Gnome, Fighter, Wizard and Mystera only because of the specific synergies with refills, faster leveling and reduced spell costs. I'll still continue to prep it with pretty much any combination... :P
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons