[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - New Deity Screen

New Deity Screen

All things Desktop Dungeons

New Deity Screen

Postby Darvin on Thu May 21, 2015 7:33 pm

I posted a two complaints about the new deity screen during the Enhanced Edition beta, and there was never a developer response on either issue. Given the length of time that's passed, I wanted to make a specific post on the issue.

Deity Hotkey No Longer Works
In the vanilla game you could press control to quickly bring up the deity menu. This functioned any time you were on the same dungeon level as your active altar and had pathing to it. Purchasing a boon was literally a matter of hitting control, clicking the boon you wanted, then releasing control. The new deity menu requires you to stand on the altar to enable the deity tab then mouse over a tab off in the corner of the screen. This makes it considerably less accessible and practical than the old version.

Glowing Guardian Prayer Beads cause you to change tabs
When you purchase a boon from the Glowing Guardian that causes you to gain a prayer bead it switches you to the inventory tab and away from the deity tab. This is annoying because all of these boons are repeatable, so if you want to take them multiple times in a row (very common for absolution and protection) you have to reset the tab every time.

If a fix isn't possible within the new interface, then please allow a toggle for the classic deity interface. I suspect most players weren't even aware of that hotkey, but for those of us who were using it the new interface is very much a downgrade because of the lost feature.
Darvin

Re: New Deity Screen

Postby Lynzkar on Thu May 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Somewhat off topic, but could we have the option to toggle drag-wheel on and off, back too, please?
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby lieronet on Thu May 21, 2015 7:47 pm

FWIW on the second point, you can hit Tab to quickly switch back to the deity interface screen, which makes the Absolution special case more tolerable. That said, I do miss that deity hotkey, and was puzzled by the lack of dev response as well.
lieronet

Postby Tinker on Thu May 21, 2015 7:55 pm

I didn't know about the Control key... :oops:

I did like how you can just keep clicking 'Absolution', though, the switchin' back-and-forth does seem a bit unnecessary. Maybe a newbie benefits from seeing what the boon actually does (i.e. placing the bead in inventory)?
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Darvin on Thu May 21, 2015 9:40 pm

Darvin

Postby Astral on Thu May 21, 2015 10:01 pm

Wow, that would have been a nice feature to know.

Also I'm too slightly annoyed by the deity interface kicking us out after taking boons. Apart from GG, there's EM and sometimes Binlor who give a reason to spam boons.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby dislekcia on Thu May 21, 2015 10:12 pm

I responded to this ages ago when the new interface first happened. No, we can't bring back the old interface, it literally doesn't exist anymore and wouldn't work even if it did - the entire interface system is completely different under the hood now... I guess I just ignore the question when it comes up because the response people want is not possible.

The CTRL key was a hack to deal with the way the god menu took over the screen. It's not really needed anymore with the new interface, plus a grand total of like 20 people were using it. When we had to cut things to get the game done, that was one of the things that was cut from the interface rework.

The inventory appearing is the game reacting to stuff being added to it. I'm hesitant to say that might change because it's not technically coded into the god interface at all and happens organically. Every other repeatable boon shouldn't change the panel.
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Thu May 21, 2015 11:55 pm

Darvin

Postby Lynzkar on Fri May 22, 2015 5:13 am

@Dislekcia
Is there any reason as for why the drag-menu-toggle was removed too? It is really annoying to have on when you use a touchpad.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Nurator on Fri May 22, 2015 8:12 am

Another thing (maybe I am just blind): Where did the piety gain/loss panel go? I just cant find it^^ I know the different things by hard now, but for a new player this is extremly important. And maybe other players will not be able to find it too.
Nurator

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons