[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Desktop Dungeons hits Android and iOS on May 28!

Desktop Dungeons hits Android and iOS on May 28!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons hits Android and iOS on May 28!

Postby tampa03cobra on Sun May 31, 2015 3:51 am

tampa03cobra

Postby dislekcia on Sun May 31, 2015 7:30 am

dislekcia

Postby berpdreyfuss on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:51 pm

First of all, great job on the android port, I enjoy it a lot!

Here are some thoughts after a few runs:
- In the run selection process, it is not possible to see which classes are missing in a dungeon once you select a dungeon. I would like a little indicator of some sort on the protraits. (The same goes for the desktop version, but there you can hover over the dungeon to see its completion)
- The slide out tab only slides well if you start the slide on the blue ribbon, I think this could use a lot more leeway. Once I understood it, it worked ok, but it is unintuitive.
- As noted above, immersive mode really does make a difference, especially on a 7 inch screen.
- Dragging items to convert them is a little bit tricky. I would like to have the possibility to convert on the tab where new use button is, so I could tap on a potion and tap again to convert it. This would have to be away from the use button to prevent accidental conversions. The same convert button would be on the use tab for glyphs and items when you tap them.
berpdreyfuss

Postby RUWolfenstein on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:58 pm

I was excited to hear that Desktop Dungeons is released on the android platform, but I was surprised by the high price tag.
The biggest effort usually is the game design and content, not the framework on which it runs, and simply offering a new platform, using the same resources and game design as the windows and browser client isn't worth a price tag nearly the same as the original purchase.
You didn't charge for the browser client either (also a 'new' platform), so apart from a modest fee to cover the additional work related to android and touch input there isn't any new content to justify such a price tag.
For example, Tomb Raider I also was released on android, for a meager € 0,99 (ps vita for € 4.50). Same for other old games, where the old resources and game design was re-used, with an android compatible engine.

Personally, I would have preferred the basic client for something like 2.99, whith additional classes / dungeons requiring ingame purchases (or using a login created via the PC Platform, unlocking everything available).

But, it is your business and your decision, same as it is my decision to hold back on yet another purchase.
I simply posted here to give you some food for thought, not to offend you:-)
RUWolfenstein

Postby dislekcia on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:43 am

dislekcia

Postby RUWolfenstein on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:32 pm

thanks a lot for taking the time to reply! Who knows, perhaps the itch to play Desktop Dungeons while abroad will ease the pain to my wallet :-)
RUWolfenstein

Postby Peter Piers on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:42 am

Peter Piers

Postby TheSoggyDog on Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:10 am

You are charging for 18 months of Android development? That's a crock. You spent 18 months learning how to write for Android. From the ground up, this title would take any reputable development house weeks to develop. Run an honest business if you want to earn money. New users that buy this app are going to love it. It's great. Existing users are out of their skull if they give you another 10 bucks.
TheSoggyDog

Postby Tinker on Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:52 am

Well, for the record, if I had a tablet, I'd gladly buy the tablet version for another measly $10. I feel like stealing, having paid only $25 for a game that I've been squeezing hard for the last 10-11 months or so (not to mention, the devs invested a lot of their time & effort into bringing a rather significant expansion to my existing game, without charging me a penny for it).
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby TheSoggyDog on Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:19 am

That's your call and I'm glad you enjoy it. I enjoy it, too, just not on mobile. And understand, folks, I'm not hatin' on the game, it's the principle. I spend money on games I enjoy. I paid for this, once. I'm just not going to again.
TheSoggyDog

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons