[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Vicious token tip thread

Vicious token tip thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Vicious token tip thread

Postby Astral on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:30 pm

It's completely safe with an EM prep. Also if you choose Monk as your class you can tank the fireballs even better.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:46 pm

EM or JJ both work great with the Codex, as they give you reliable access to slow.
Darvin

Postby MTaur on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:40 am

I'm still a bit overwhelmed by the size of the gap between a Hard dungeon Hard VT. There are a lot of days when I just do the daily and quit, though.

Anyway, I got VT Havendale, but it came down to some lucky dodges from a last-second TT. I went with Halfling Priest, which sounded fine because of the guaranteed zombie, but I can't ever seem to get any damage out. I went with Taurog prep just out of frustration because glyph conversions are a potion-and-a-half. Maybe if that's the plan, then I should have done Fewer Glyphs instead of Health Boosters so I could just get to the threshold of tanking a single hit and then spamming more potions. I'm a little divided on that because Zombaru can go down earlier and easier with Health Boosters, but the second boss is likely to be physical damage.

I would do Mildly Unkind Token runs if they existed sometime. X-D
MTaur

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:50 am

Darvin

Postby MTaur on Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:38 am

I just did VT Rock Garden with Goblin Assassin and Balanced Dagger. Really cheesy, but it was a super-close call even with the gimmicks. These things are mean...
MTaur

Postby William on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:09 pm

I did a VT run of some dungeon earlier this week (I don't remember which) and needed one hit on the boss with no black space, no potions and no god boons left. I did have 5% dodge left which I got from using Getindare on a whim right before converting it (no more mana after using it). Instead of quitting, I decided to smack the boss in case the dodge kicked in, and as luck would have it, it did. Awesome nailbiting end to the dungeon.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Blovski on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:50 pm

Blovski

Postby kente on Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:37 pm

i completed Rock Garden vicious yesterday. After several different race/class combo, at the end it worked fighter/orc with bal dagger and fireball magnet. Luckily i have found JJ, i'm not sure if i could win without JJ
kente

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons