[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Take my Money!

Take my Money!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Take my Money!

Postby tampa03cobra on Fri May 29, 2015 1:33 am

Hey Desktop Dungeons team,

I have been following your work since the alpha and I am so stoked that you have released a mobile version. I purchased the extended edition from steam and have been loving it.

So as the topic says I want to give you my money. I work in the financial industry so our office is super locked down (not even cell signals) so the prospect of a game I can play offline during bathroom breaks is great... However when I go to the playstore, it shows the app as being compatible with tablets only.

Totally understand the design choice here, as I know making UIs for a game like this would be difficult on small size phones, however, my Galaxy Note has both the resolution and screen size needed to play. The only way I'm going to be able to install it on my phone would be to pirate the APK, because google play flat out wont let me download it. I don't suppose there is any chance of you making the APK available in a "Use at your own risk" fashion? I absolutely want to give you the money for the app and have no problem with the fact it may not work at all or require some hacking on my side.

I know its a long shot, but it never hurts to ask. I don't want to come off as an entitled dick, you made your platform choices, and I totally understand/support that, and one way or another I'll make you take my money!

Regards,

Tampa03cobra
tampa03cobra

Re: Take my Money!

Postby dislekcia on Fri May 29, 2015 11:12 pm

I can understand your frustration at not being able to play the game on your device, but this isn't a decision we took lightly.

If your Note isn't at least 7" big, it's not the right size to play the game on. Not with your screen broken into 20 discrete vertical clickable areas. Even if you have a stylus, it's not a good experience.
dislekcia

Postby chandl34 on Sat May 30, 2015 12:14 am

I dealt with a similar case a few years ago, when I was building an XCOM/JA2 clone as a hobby for the original iPhone. The UI was a small static size, with popups or pop-outs for UI elements. The map itself was scrollable and zoomable, so players could switch between the micro- and macro-scale of combat easily. It worked, but it was also a pain to play. Every action needed a confirmation click to avoid accidental input, and that really slowed things down. The zoom levels were always either too close or at the right distance, but too difficult to precisely interact with the map grid. Fine-tuned control involved a lot of zooming out to see the situation, then zooming in to handle it.
chandl34

Postby tampa03cobra on Sat May 30, 2015 2:06 am

tampa03cobra

Return to Desktop Dungeons