[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Two and Three bosses

Two and Three bosses

All things Desktop Dungeons

Two and Three bosses

Postby Rivozzz on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:30 am

Hi guys...Amazing game for IPAD

First, can there be a thread, for new people, so that when they have a question, they just post it in that thread instead of creating multiple new threads??

Second, i have problem, i m in middle game, maybe, trying to unlock 3 level heroes (unlocked 1 remainng 3), there is mutlipe dungeons having 2 or 3 bosses, and i must kill them all to finish it. The thing is, i usually finish all my things and even sell it (to get mana or HP) on one boss, and the second usually i have nothing to kill him.. What is staregy I should do?
Rivozzz

Re: Two and Three bosses

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:13 am

Your health and mana is fully restored when you level up. Try to begin the boss fight when you're just about to level up, then kill a monster for a full restore. If you set things up correctly, you can often slaughter a bunch of weakened monsters for another full restore. This is the most effective way to take down bosses without tapping into your potions.
Darvin

Postby Lynzkar on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:14 pm

I made a quick guide thingy, on how to beat double doom with forexample berserker, almost purist
Here is a guide with pictures (I decided to not post it here, cause space and that would force me to crop immages.)
http://imgur.com/a/1pt50
You would usualy like to fight the first boss before all of the blackspace is uncovered. But with bosses like super meat man, you want all your resources on the table before the fight (unless you are a monk).
I could've probary killed the tornmented one before I started fighting super meat man, but I didont go for that aproach. i have no reason for why I didon't. I just didon't.
Edit : I forgot to say this, but I limited my self to using only gear that you unlock really early and no gods. I reccomend you use gods. they are really really strong.
Last edited by Lynzkar on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Rivozzz on Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Thanks man I will try these advices
Rivozzz

Postby Astral on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:01 pm

I disagree about wanting to fight the SMM on a fully explored map. That poor boss has abysmal damage, even a puny caster can regenfight him at high enough level just by spamming fireball on him (which is nowhere near close the best tool for regenfighting). On the other hand his health is huge so health spiking approaches are somewhat inefficient on him, not to mention spellcasting ones.

That dwarf berserker from the picture was already a better regenfighter at lvl8 even with empty inventory. Whenever fighting SMM it's always worth trying this approach, if you run out of blackspace before the kill, no problem, you have that much less damage to deal when switching to popcorn and potions.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Lynzkar on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:01 pm

I supouse. I am not however as expirienced as you, and I supouse I did not go for that aproach, none the less, this time not using regen fighting worked with no trouble.
I am the king of the rats now! Bow before me, peasants.
Class-suggestions, with sprites
Lynzkar

Postby Rivozzz on Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:44 pm

This game is extremely difficult..and gives very little gold..
I am training on other maps and quizes , because 2 or 3 bosses are really difficult, especially early when you dont have good items nor did you unlock all characters, and when you lose, it is very harsh, it gives you nothing, not even a penny

I need much training, it is not straight forward game, it requires alot of thinking
Rivozzz

Postby fall_ark on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:27 pm

fall_ark

Postby chandl34 on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:46 pm

I usually start fighting the first boss at level 6, close to a level up. Having more spells, items, potions, and gods will definitely help, but they aren't necessary. Spending some potions on the first boss is okay, but you'll want to save some for the last boss.

You may want to hold onto APHEELSIK, GETINDARE, and CYDSTEPP for bosses. Also, learn the gods you have access to. Earthmother is great for late-game mana spikes. GG and Dracul can provide late-game heals. JJ can give an extra level. TT can give reflex and dodge potions for free hits. Taurog can give extra death protections.

When I first started playing, I did everything with the warlord. That's a good class for killing above your level. Sorceror is also very powerful.
chandl34

Postby Rivozzz on Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:06 pm

I didn't unlock God, and I don't know how to.. I play with them in everyday dungeon game offered daily.
Rivozzz

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons