[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - (Nearly) Forgotten History of the Gods

(Nearly) Forgotten History of the Gods

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: (Nearly) Forgotten History of the Gods

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:56 am

I don't think it was the crypt - actually I think it was the Avatar level, which means maybe the level doesn't matter as much as I thought.

I think there must have been a version of MA that was pre Mana-Leak that allowed you to do that and I think it was my particular super powered MP engine report that got it changed
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:05 pm

I believe the original magic boon was 5+5 for 1 MP per use, but raised monster magic resistance every time it was used. Obviously no good for BURNDAYRAZ or PISORF users (at the time, PISORF had a chance to fail on magic-resistant enemies) but for those using HALPMEH or CYDSTEPP it was jaw-dropping good.
Darvin

Postby Tinker on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:36 pm

I just noticed something that I believe is relatively new... Taurog desecration increases the Magic Resistance of all monsters (Mystera-style) by 10%. I noticed this around the EE update. However, very recently I also noticed that converting Taurog equipment now also increases monster MR by 10% (on top of the -10% attack penalty). So you can boost monster MR quite considerably with this.
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby dislekcia on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:53 pm

We had a lot of problems with Bludtopowa and with the Transmuter, those kept going infinite in really sneaky ways.
dislekcia

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:08 pm

Darvin

Postby chandl34 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:25 pm

chandl34

Postby Astral on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Unfortunately this exact method doesn't work. When you cast Imawall on an empty space as a wizard Fire Heart will count it as a 2 mana spell and won't give a charge.

There are countless other, very similar methods with Transmuters, too bad they are all convoluted even compared to this.
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons