[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - (Nearly) Forgotten History of the Gods

(Nearly) Forgotten History of the Gods

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: (Nearly) Forgotten History of the Gods

Postby Lujo on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:47 pm

@Blovski: Well, he is very simmillar to JJ, but I wouldn't say he's sub-par. JJ's got nothing as remotely retarded as Cleansing, for one thing. But they are very simmilar and the reason JJ wins out, honestly, is the wheytwut which I see as the only real problem with JJ. GG Goblin or JJ Goblin is pretty much a stylistic difference, allthough I find GG to be more of a toolbox and a much better guy pop in for some utility. He also does give you a skullpicker with 5 beads, and also another one if you reach level 11, that's nothing to sneeze at.

GG gameplay does have a very nice transition of what you focus at what stage before you ultimately become the blob of doom, though, it's not about piling on the beads, but playing and timing his boons right on the way to being a god. I find it very rewarding tbh.

@chandl34: I think a GG gobbo of some sort (that is various kinds of them, GG Gobbo and JJ Gobbo is what wins, class is an afterthought there most of the time) could handle Vicious VT. Vicious Steel for sure, Dragon isles probably, Demonic library also quite likely (VT only makes it the way it was before the big global nerfage tbh), Namtars Lair I'm not sure... I went dwarf berserker regular GT with GG, not easy to get the max out of it, but it still worked, and GG's a killer in VGT anyway, not sure about vicious.

Heck, absolution + enlightment with a pactmaker on board is complete bullshit, on a goblin even more so. Post enlightment consensus into scholars pact will likely beat anything if you know what you're doing...
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby chandl34 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:56 pm

Did the Avatar have these stats before the nerf? He's like a mini VT Horatio. I thought the demons were still relatively easy on VT, but the Avatar was nasty.

chandl34

Postby Darvin on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Darvin

Postby Tinker on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:48 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Blovski on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:15 pm

I like the trade offs, I'd really like the number of beads to be more relevant and attainable for it, though. Dragon Isles' revamped underbelly came in with the introduction of the Curse mechanic (previously monsters just lowered resists permanently, making them either trivial or untouchable depending on build), the Crusader (I think) and GG's big rework with Enlightenment so it's kind of a scenario built with it in mind. I can't think of many scenarios where that sort of curse clear really comes into play otherwise.

Enlightenment was built for the old GG play where you could conceivably get 10-15 beads to go with it as a regular class (people would often absolve all the level 1s, sometimes all the 2s as well). That's just not really possible now; I tried doing it with a Paladin on Namtar's earlier (playing *really* sloppy, I must admit; I know I can get that build further if I'm not asleep) and reaching Enlightenment with a measly 10 Absolutions required a load of potion and item conversions and I'm not sure the boost from the beads, by the time I eventually got it, was worth 54 piety, 10 popcorns and 2 rows of inventory compared with the boost I'd have had by skipping them.

@Tinker, kinda depends what you mean by cheap. GG's piety economy is terrible for prepped play but alright if you find him in dungeon. Don't think the prep penalty is really working ideally at the moment myself. Not to mention the effective late game piety tax on potions.
Blovski

Postby Darvin on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:40 pm

Maybe if an Enlightenment Bead granted +1 base attack in addition to its current effects it might be worth more consideration. An inventory full of spoons is a powerful thing...
Darvin

Postby Blovski on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:53 pm

Blovski

Postby chandl34 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:59 pm

chandl34

Postby TigerKnee on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:50 am

No idea how you have such encyclopedic knowledge of old stuff, almost everything here was gone from my mind. Guess I'm getting senile or something.

Kind of wish MA's super blast the map Mana Leak was still here - I thought abusing it was kind of interesting. She's just so boring nowadays except for me to piety farm Chemists.

I remember getting an infinite MP combo from MA once and I think that was pre Mana-Leak, but I don't remember the specifics. You might needed to be on a specific stage too and the particular method would eventually crash the game IIRC
TigerKnee

Postby Darvin on Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:31 am

Darvin

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons