[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Deeply unofficial music thread

Deeply unofficial music thread

All things Desktop Dungeons

Deeply unofficial music thread

Postby Blovski on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:24 am

Thought I'd start a music thread and hopefully every else will chip in and I won't be quadruple posting because I'm curious what other people listen to while realising they could've beaten VT Namtar if they'd just set up a ding before they headed down. (Not that game music isn't gorgeous but I've got hundreds of hours in it).

Right now, listening to this:
Canadee-I-O - Nick Jones
Blovski

Re: Deeply unofficial music thread

Postby Zazzlegut on Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:58 am

For me, it's birds singing. I open the windows and listen to the wind in the trees and the birds. It helps that I live in the middle of nowhere.

I'm not a fan of game music. In fact, I've never even heard the music in DD. Anybody else out there like that? I just turn it off altogether...in every game.

Cheers..........Z
Zazzlegut

Postby Darvin on Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:39 pm

I quite like game music. I keep a collection of my favorite tracks from various games throughout the years.

I've never been a fan of music with vocals. I prefer strictly instrumental pieces, which is unfortunately a rather niche category.
Darvin

Postby Tinker on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:34 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Astral on Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:48 pm

I like game music too. Most games I enjoyed playing had music that I also loved, and in cases where I couldn't stand the music the game wasn't up my alley either. So usually when I play I listen to the original ingame music.

That said listening to bird singing must be pretty sweet too. Unfortunately when I open the window car noise, honking , sirens and the sound of construction working welcomes me :(

Oh and here's something I listened to today:
Escape Goat 2 OST - Necromouser's Incantation
Somebody spilled raspberry juice all over the place!
Astral

Postby Darvin on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:37 pm

Escape Goat 2 really does have a nice soundtrack (highly recommend that game - 100% completion here). I'd have to say that One Wish is my favorite track, just for that epic sequence at 1:40-2:00; It's a superb remix of it's Escape Goat 1 equivalent.

Y'know, I think after all these years this has to be my favorite piece. Not just among gaming music, but all music. Such a beautiful piece, and for me oozing with liquid nostalgia.
Darvin

Postby Blovski on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:14 am

Having a listen through Peter Gabriel 3 (his second weirdest and probably best album). Escape Goat looks cool - will check it out when I've got the money.

No Self Control
Blovski

Postby Blovski on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hIVo0ycPzQ

This absolutely wonderful Italian prog rock album to get me through the vampire run. God knows I'll need it.
Blovski

Postby Tinker on Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:04 pm

Here's a track from a band I've been listening to lately: Garbage: Stupid Girl. No connection to today's daily or anything... :lol:
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby MTaur on Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:53 pm

MTaur

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons