[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Desktop Dungeons Wiki - Admins

Desktop Dungeons Wiki - Admins

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Desktop Dungeons Wiki - Admins

Postby MTaur on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Thanks. I promise not to use my power for evil.
MTaur

Postby Darvin on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:38 pm

Looks like you guys already have a few spam pages to remove. Have fun squashing those bugs!
Darvin

Postby MTaur on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:19 am

We need an explicit policy about user pages. I see these user pages that look like they're probably spam, but on the other hand, an actual contributing user who wanted to talk about soup or whatever on their user page should be allowed. Sometimes you just know it's spam, but making a hard rule could be too mean to actual contributors for no reason.
MTaur

Postby Tinker on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:40 am

I think that a spammer will register; update their "user page" with some text including an external link; and never really meaningfully contribute to the wiki. Probably these can be removed/permabanned without much remorse.

Are there many users who contribute meaningfully, but have advertisement on their user pages? Or is your concern more an ethical question, i.e. the new users who just registered and put the (seemingly) spam links on their user pages might have legitimate intentions of contributing?
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Darvin on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:42 am

Darvin

Postby MTaur on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:17 am

I guess this could be a policy, though - If you add stuff to a user page without contributing to the wiki, we reserve the right to delete it at our discretion (unless we know you from the forums or wherever). New pages which are not user pages or DD are instant account bans.

It is sort of getting to the point where it would be easier to have to approve wiki membership, despite the drawbacks. It's not a genuine avalanche of spam yet, but it is a little silly. The only trouble with approval is that it could scare people off, so some kind of assurance that it's-not-you-it's-the-spam-bots would be in order.
MTaur

Postby William on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Silly question, but are normal users allowed to fix small little spelling errors/typos? I know they probably don't bug most people, but I like to fix it if I notice a spelling mistake. Also, where can we point out factual errors found on the wiki i.e. changes made in patches but not updated on the wiki?
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Darvin on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:24 pm

Darvin

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons