[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Wiki updates for the Spider Script?

Wiki updates for the Spider Script?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Wiki updates for the Spider Script?

Postby jedy567 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:50 am

Hi all, I'm having lots of trouble finding out any information regarding the three spider script challenges, and the few bits of strategy and discussion I can find are here and in the Steam forums. I'm wondering if anyone who's knowledgeable is interested in adding pages to the wiki or perhaps sharing some guides that they have found, if any exist.

On a related note, a page for vicious Gaan-tellet would be very useful, but certainly not necessary.
jedy567

Re: Wiki updates for the Spider Script?

Postby Tinker on Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:30 am

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby jedy567 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:44 pm

jedy567

Postby Tinker on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:39 pm

So I started something about the Triple Quests. Very draft at this stage, I just completed the first Triple Quest and wrote up what I saw. Feel free to edit / comment / criticize (just please be gentle :P ).

http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDungeons/index.php?title=Triple_Quests
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:04 pm

Tidied up the entry for Triple Quest 1 - Scenario 1. This is pretty much how I imagine to write up all the rest. (There's already something for Scenario 2 and 3 of the first quest, though still in draft format.) Comments / contributions / opinions / encouragement / gentle criticism / unbashful adoration equally welcome. :)
Tinker

Postby Raz on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:36 pm

This looks great. It will be very useful when I am ready to go at this one again (I had forgotten most of it except the cause of my demise :evil: ).
I tried the Spider Script once before and thought I was doing pretty well. Got throught the first two levels pretty much ok. Thought I was doing well with the third, had the boss really hurtin, but REALLY wasn't ready for the GG punishment! After soaking that much time into it (takes me 20 min. for normal & an hour or so for hard, so with little goat experience I was plating like it was hard.. so like 2-1/2 to 3 hours!) I was so pissed. What a ROTTEN trick! Haven't gotten up the will to play it again yet. I will definitely be perusing your writeup when I do. ;)
Raz

Postby Darvin on Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Darvin

Postby Tinker on Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:40 am

Tinker

Postby Tinker on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:13 pm

Ok, first Triple Quest is done. Vets, please kindly take a peek and let me know if I missed anything. I would've loved to replay 3rd scenario more times to see what (if anything) is fixed, because both of my playthrus had both Taurog and Earthmother on the 3rd map, so I wonder if they are fixed (I would assume at least Earthmother to be fixed, given how useful she is for the boss fight).

And the link: http://www.qcfdesign.com/wiki/DesktopDungeons/index.php?title=Triple_Quests
Tinker

Postby Lujo on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:30 pm

Well, for the first 2 Triple quests I do have one bit of info that made playing them somewhat earier than I would've expected from genearal comments. False Beard will level you up in all 3 scenarios if you bring it in. Lvl 2 makes a much better starting point for this sort of thing than level 1 for various reasons and I was quite surprised at just how much it let me get away with.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons