[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - For the Pro's - Any Dungeons Unbeaten?

For the Pro's - Any Dungeons Unbeaten?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: For the Pro's - Any Dungeons Unbeaten?

Postby kente on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:58 am

kente

Postby Lujo on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:03 pm

Everything has been beaten with everything. Once you figure out how your class and race play off each other (sometimes you use the race to level the class up, sometimes the other way around, and sometimes you use other stuff and both do work late game), you can pretty much do everything with everything. Some places have items/gods which let you circumvent their specific gimmicks and some race/class combos benefit greatly from starting with a specific item. There's also a few combo strats which let you simply ignore most of the features in particular dungeons (like various Assassins, Crystal Ball Pissorf shennanigans etc). Aprat from that, it's mostly the matter of prepping the right god, or juggling altars right, or leaning on a God with the Paladin.

Only places which significantly differ from others are Naga City, Vicious Gaan'Telet and the Triple Quests, I'm not sure anyone's beaten the third triple quest without prepping the Dragonshield (many people have beaten it with the Dragonshield), Naga City VT seems to only go down easily to Crystal Ball and Dragonsoul (although I haven't actually tried to VT recently it with a high resists guy). VGT can screw you up at any point due to the random floor distribution but at non VT difficulty it can be done with anything provided you do the right things (stack resists, often start with GG etc.), and VT takes some scumming for specific stuff (you can also play it out untill a run works, but it just takes too long).
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby William on Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:34 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Lujo on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Can't remember, good point. Other than that, I routinely PQI anything but Naga City and VGT with pretty much anything but the most unfavorable stuff. Difficult runs IMO include Monks and Vampires in Vicious Steel (some people claim otherwise, but still, the difference between those and most other runs is quite high), and some VT PQI's in Rock Garden (for me), some PQI's in Cursed Oasis (unless you go Pissorff in which case that place is a joke) and possibly a few other things.
I almost got pwned by Shifty Brickwork!
Lujo

Postby William on Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:04 pm

But seriously, I would love to see a Rat playthrough of VGT (or any hard+ dungeon). It's a good way to pick up usefull tips. I wish Tinker had recorded her VGT Rat run.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons