[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - DD tutorials/playthoughs on Youtube

DD tutorials/playthoughs on Youtube

All things Desktop Dungeons

DD tutorials/playthoughs on Youtube

Postby William on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:41 am

I know that quite a few of the "veterans" (MTaur, Lujo, The Schachter etc.) have youtube channels with DD tutorials and playthroughs. I have watched quite a few of these videos and find them very interesting and helpful. Have any of the other veterans made youtube videos of their DERPs or playthroughs? I would love to see, say, Tinker or Darvin, to name a few, post some playthroughs, especially those crazy low completion time high piety and XP DERPs.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Re: DD tutorials/playthoughs on Youtube

Postby Tinker on Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:35 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby William on Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:12 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby TheSchachter on Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Maybe I can help? Here's the software I used to make my videos:

-LoiLo game recorder - http://loilo.tv/en/product/game_recorder
This is what I use to record the game. It's free because it comes bundled with a trial version of the company's video editing software, but I can confirm that it never bothered me about trying it or buying it, so it's not been intrusive. It's not too hard to use, you simply check that it's targetting the game and then press record.

-Freemake Video Converter - http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/
After a video is recorded it's usually a really big file, so I open it in this, select to convert it in MP4 format (for youtube) and adjust the size to be more reasonable (usually somewhere between 500mb-900mb depending on video length so the quality is still decent).

That's really all there is to it, you obviously need a microphone of some sort if you want to record your voice over the video (the game recorder should recognize the microphone). I'm sure it shouldn't be too hard to find more info on how to use these programs, either.

I've been both very busy and playing other games when I have free time so I haven't touched DD or my planned videos in a long time, but I'd love to see more people make videos of the game! I'm still thinking of getting back to the game and record more when the time is right :)
Come watch my Desktop Dungeons Videos!
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCthxFjzttU83tslTUnoFhug
TheSchachter

Postby Blovski on Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:21 am

I'm recording a full sprinting-ish playthrough. Whether it'll ever see the light of day, I don't know.
Blovski

Postby Gakato on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:36 pm

I recorded todays Rat Monarch run using NVidia Shadowplay, though I had to cap the whole desktop, as I was playing windowed, well I guess it could be cropped, but I don't know a free tool for it.
Thanks for the tools you used TheSchachter, maybe I will try them out on another interesting daily/dungeon in the future. :)

Apart from that, I can also recommend CaptainThief. He has also all the class challenges covered and is doing from time to time the DERP. Maybe not yet in the league of veterans like Darvin, Lujo, Tinker, TheSchachter etc. but he is a good player who has come a long way and is funny to listen to. ;)
Last edited by Gakato on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gakato

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:22 pm

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby William on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:08 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby William on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:12 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby William on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:00 pm

I messed around with OBS a bit and recorded two of my dailies. It is quite interesting how many mistakes I noticed when watching them.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons