[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - General-purpose thread of secret shame!

General-purpose thread of secret shame!

All things Desktop Dungeons

General-purpose thread of secret shame!

Postby MTaur on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:19 pm

After losing Goatperson Doubledoom so readily, I'm starting to think that that I'm rapidly degenerating into a filthy casual. I completely forgot that the level-1 ring of monsters subdungeon is a big food drop, and I forgot that Yin and Yang is a great mini-boss to prep for the boss fights. I just ran out of blackspace, hardly had and piety, and felt deflated, and then I gave up.

You can post your hidden (or non-hidden) shame about DD here. Bad habits every game? Epic blunders the other day? All of it, here, now.
MTaur

Re: General-purpose thread of secret shame!

Postby Darvin on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Darvin

Postby Tinker on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Well, my first Daily loss was "thanks to" Retaliate:Fireball. I have a burning hatred for this monster trait. I've lost more VGT runs to this than to anything else, methinks (it's just floor-after-floor of hit-hit-hit-blast-blast, except every once in a while you suddenly die at "blast"...).

That, and the other loss I had was totally silly, not even a misclick, not even not noticing anything, I just kept clicking a monster (without even thinking about things like, you need health to survive a hit, etc.,) and just died after a couple of clicks. As stupid as it gets I guess? :oops:
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Blovski on Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:10 pm

Whupaz. I have an approximately 100% chance of forgetting to use it on the boss. To the point where I've even stopped prepping it.
Blovski

Postby William on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:28 am

Nothing game breaking, but rather inefficient; I have this tendency to take CA when I am like one popcorn away from a ding. I only noticed it when I started recording some of my dungeon runs.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby eastless on Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:56 pm

eastless

Postby Nurator on Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Lol! I really laughed out loud! That rarely happens on the internet :lol: poor dragon...
Nurator

Postby MTaur on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:54 pm

Yikes! That's more "screwed by the RNG" though.
MTaur

Postby Darvin on Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:59 pm

Darvin

Postby MTaur on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:05 pm

MTaur

Next

Return to Desktop Dungeons