[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - DD on Sale at Humble Bundle

DD on Sale at Humble Bundle

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: DD on Sale at Humble Bundle

Postby Tinker on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:08 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Zazzlegut on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:13 pm

Zazzlegut

Postby Darvin on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:37 pm

To the best of my knowledge, achievements are the only thing exclusive to the Steam version. Bottom line: if you're not sure which retailer to go with, you probably won't care one way or another. If you already have a preference, just stick with that.
Darvin

Postby eastless on Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:57 pm

eastless

Postby William on Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:54 pm

@eastless You mentioned using the Gog version obtained from PB, so your saves should work as is if you purchase it from Gog.com as the game is DRM free on gog and should be unmodified when pirated. The benefit of purchasing it, other than supporting awesome developers, is you get an optional key allowing you to create a DD account with cloud saves, which will sync with your offline saves and I believe you also require it for DERP. I am not sure how the steam and gog offline saves compare. Maybe they are compatible.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Gakato on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Pretty sure the save games are compatible as its basically still the same version (no need to touch save files).
I just wanted to add that you can also get the goatperson without buying the special edition, i.e., base game + goatperson dlc, the difference to the special edition is that it also includes the soundtrack. I guess the Steam version has also the addition that you can filter the daily leaderboards to show only your friends (assuming you have friends playing DD) :D
Gakato

Postby Zazzlegut on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:17 pm

Zazzlegut

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons