[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Purist + Vicious Challenge!

Purist + Vicious Challenge!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Purist + Vicious Challenge!

Postby Tinker on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:45 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby The Tapir on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:01 pm

Last edited by The Tapir on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tapir

Postby Tinker on Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:13 pm

Tinker

Postby The Tapir on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:58 am

Gnomes are growing on me, Tinker:

Took a couple of tries to get a manageable combo (found Mystera by the stairs once alongside BURNDAYRAZ, then ran into Frank...), but pulled through in the end with the fireballs afforded to me by my second-to-last health potion. I was forced to use Refreshment twice on a level 8 enemy to have enough XP to level before starting on Medusa, which likely contributed to the slow decline in resources I had. Medusa was fought purely on fireballs, while I used the health to take down the bridge troll for the oh-so crucial sensation stone. Found myself at 50 piety around halfway through Zin, which was dumped into weakening for the resist stripping and a flames given that I wasn't going to do much melee against him before taking a consensus to convert to EM for plantation and clearance. Given how well that served me on a purist + VT run, I imagine it would outright trivialize one with preps.
Last edited by The Tapir on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Tapir

Postby Tinker on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:30 pm

Tinker

Postby The Tapir on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:58 pm

Thanks for the formatting tips! I'll go back and edit those when I can.

Nearly had a Gnome Transmuter on Doubledoom to post about, but ended up a few fireballs short of tackling the Firstborn after the Tormented One. I discovered that Refreshment comes after Spirit Sword procs, which provided the much needed fire(ball)power for dealing with the two bosses, but forgot to properly utilize the small extra bits of mana between each conversion, which totaled to the 3 that I needed to finish off the Firstborn.

EDIT:
Managed to grab the Doubledoom win with the exact opposite of that approach: a Taurog Orc:

Glenrick was, as always, an amazing find, and saved a lot of resources from his quick 2 levels. Used all of my mana on Medusa before finishing her with two DPs, then leveled some and found myself with just enough health at level 7 to take a hit from Jormungander without losing the Unstoppable Fury, then dinged and used the combo of orc racial bonus + BYSSEPS + Trisword to chunk away at his health, leaving me without a full heal but enough piety to desecrate EM and grab Consensus for the two last Furies I needed. Was refreshing to beat a level without a caster-heavy theme like my previous runs.
The Tapir

Previous

Return to Desktop Dungeons