[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Purist + Vicious Challenge!

Purist + Vicious Challenge!

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Purist + Vicious Challenge!

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:29 pm

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Tinker on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:10 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Tinker on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:31 pm

This morning in the shower I was thinking about wild ways, how would I approach VGT if I were to try it... Clear sign of me losing (the rest of) my mind. I feel like I've overdosed again on DD in the last couple of days, so I'll probably do a few days "dailies-only" diet. I would probably even take a few days off completely if it weren't for the streak going... :)

Anyway, hope you guys do some nice cool stuff in the meantime! ;) Since I kind of "cheated" doing the vicious maps with the same build, if anyone else does them properly, I'll happily pull my entries from the hall of fame in favor of those. Also I kind of feel like a brat for hyping up this challenge thingy and then putting in so many runs... :?
Tinker

Postby William on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:39 pm

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Zazzlegut on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:39 am

Zazzlegut

Postby William on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:01 am

Now I can rest. :)

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:35 am

@William: Awesome! :D I think this is really hard and you can do it even without platemail, great stuff!
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Tinker on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:05 am

Tinker

Postby William on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 am

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:19 am

Unlike my most recent entries where I got lucky and got them in the first try, this one took me at least 10+ attempts. Some of which I ended them prematurely - when I saw the odds were not in my favour (gods that were not too useful, and bosses that were just plain hard - SMM? ... Hell no).

Well, this one was just nice in the sense that I went through all 3 available gods and used them fully - Binlor for more Knockback and Pisorf, Dracul for Lifesteal and Resists which I used for leveling (was pretty much out of blackspace) and also for Blood Curse (higher fireball damage) before I started on the Tormented One, and finally Taurog (had to do a last minute grab all boons by dumping glyphs and then desecrate the other 2 gods for 1 death protection from each, still had the DP from Badge of Honour left).

I had to "think" for a while whether to go for Rex or Tormented One first because I had bought the Witchalok Pendant and could stack resists (from fireballs) to tank hits from Rex. Once I convert to Taurog, I would be pretty much out of mana to use Fireballs and the Physical Resists stacks was useless against the Tormented One.

At first I thought that Tormented One could be easily finished (after killing Rex first) since I would have close to 50% Magic Resists when I convert to Taurog in the end. But seeing that I was pretty much out of blackspace to use regen fighting for Tormented One and that Rex had more HP (around 200 more) so I wasn't quite sure I could kill it first, I made the "right decision" to go for Tormented One first (just barely managed to get another level up after killing it before starting on Rex).

[All monster classes so far except for the GoatPerson have been used to complete this challenge in a dungeon that is not Hobbler's Hold. Maybe, someone can get GoatPerson done for another map]
~'(^ + ^)'~

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons