[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Spouses and Significant Others

Spouses and Significant Others

All things Desktop Dungeons

Spouses and Significant Others

Postby Zazzlegut on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:37 pm

So my wife is convalescing from surgery and is home for a couple of weeks. I am playing nurse as she can't do much at the moment. She's pretty bored so I thought it would be a good time to show her what this "crazy dungeon thing" that I do every day is like.

Two words..."pretty funny".

She got hooked fast, telling me what to kill and what to avoid. She doesn't know all of the details of the game (but then, neither do I)..so some of her "help" is pretty humorous. When regen fighting, she panics because my health is low, even though my mana is full. And she always wants me to kill the "evil monsters" who have the worst impacts like corrosion and weakening.

Anyway...just wondering if anyone else has tried to introduce their partners to this game and what kind of results you had?

Cheers..........Z
Zazzlegut

Re: Spouses and Significant Others

Postby William on Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:41 pm

My wife has no interest in this type of game. She would think I'm crazy for trying to get her to play it.
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby Nurator on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:40 pm

I tried it once with my wife. She liked the tutorial dungeon and won. But the first time she died, she got frustrated and never played again.

But after all, she is the archetyp of casual player, so I had no high hopes^^
Nurator

Postby dislekcia on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:09 am

My girlfriend has dutifully tried to get into DD several times over the years. Each time she got a bit further, so I'd use that as a gauge of how well the UI and tutorials were doing at the time ;) She's quite good at the game now, but doesn't play often enough to remember all the little things that make DD tick, so she'll hit progression walls she passed previously and gets frutrated. Then we go back to playing LoL :)
dislekcia

Postby MTaur on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Last edited by MTaur on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MTaur

Postby Darvin on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:14 pm

Darvin

Postby dislekcia on Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:06 am

dislekcia

Postby MTaur on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:53 am

It feels like this year the EU LCS got better, but NA stayed the same...

Anyway, I guess it would be more on-topic to mention that my wife and I sometimes play Divinity: Original Sin when we're not working on stuff. She gets bored with too much killing stuff all the time, but if other stuff is going on it's more interesting.
MTaur

Return to Desktop Dungeons