[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - Create a deity.

Create a deity.

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: Create a deity.

Postby Tinker on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:04 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:26 pm

Not to mention all the humorous bugs throughout the years. I think my favorite to this day was the one where you could convert empty inventory slots for 100 CP :lol:
Darvin

Postby Darvin on Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:47 pm

Purely for entertainment purposes; no attempt was made to seriously consider the ramifications of such a deity:

Packmaster
God of inventory management, hoarding, and typos

Starting Piety:
* Grants piety for all items in your inventory (+2 for potions, +5 for small items, +10 for large items; alchemy seals and food exempt)
* Grants a free WONAFYT glyph

* Items entering your inventory (+2 for potions, +5 for other small items, +10 for large items; alchemy seals and food exempt)

Dislikes:
* Items leaving your inventory (conversion, usage, etc) (-2 for potions, -5 for other small items, -10 for large items; alchemy seals and food exempt)

Punishment:
* Adds an unconvertable loadstone to your inventory that takes up space and gives you slow strike. If your inventory is full, he makes all your items unconvertable instead.

Boons:
Efficient Packing (repeatable)
10+5 piety
Grants you one free compression seal.

Bargain Hunter (repeatable)
10+5 piety
Creates a new Bezar shop nearby, grants a 10% discount on your next shop purchase (stacking if you take this boon multiple times in a row)

Trinket (repeatable)
1 piety
Creates a trinket in your inventory, a small item that does nothing. Drains 10 conversion from each large-sized item in your inventory (similar to wizard bonus). Normal piety gain for acquiring a small-sized item. Fails if your inventory is full.

Monster Collector (repeatable)
10 piety
Puts a monster in your inventory. Does not heal damage while in your inventory. Can be removed from your inventory at any time. Can be taken out of the dungeon and lockered.

Hoarder
50 piety
Gain 5 XP for every item in your inventory. Stacks of items count as 1 item. All items in your inventory at the time become unconvertable.
Darvin

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:00 am

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Darvin on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:41 am

Darvin

Postby flap on Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:48 am

One full heal only, but a lot of popcorn if done soon enough.

How would it work when converting from GG ?
flap

Postby vipris on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:18 am

As this is purely fictional, i'm not putting any exact numbers for piety gain or loss. Anyway, here it goes :

PRUDENTIUS
God of the anxious, the cowardly, and anyone who would rather have stayed home to watch tv

the general idea is to have a god that rewards carefull adventuring and punishes risky play and exploration (it's dangerous out there!). It has a few similarities to TT

when joining : free wonafyt glyph
preparation penalty : monsters gain blink ability
desecration : all monsters gain 1 death protection

casting first strike
casting death protection
killing a lower lvl monster

dislikes :
using a death protection
discovering a monster trough normal exploration (not when using lemmisee or wonafyt or bludtopowa)
any action that leaves you at less then 50% of your health
getting poisoned or manaburned

boons :
carefull scouting : you can see 1 tile in the dark, like the halfdragon. Also shows subdungeon locations
get back here! : wonafyt becomes cheaper to cast
dummy training (repeatable) : gain set ammound of xp
leave me alone : immunity to poison, manaburn and lifesteal
finding courage : you gain 1% resistances for each bloodpool. you also get extra max health for each higher lvl monster (except boss) left on the map. the pools and higher lvl monsters dissapear. (those were too scary to kill anyway)
vipris

Postby William on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:22 am

"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby vipris on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:20 pm

For some reason, that's how i picture my characters sometimes. Like a halfling priest in icky swamp: 'ow man this how did i get here!? Shouldn't have left the forest, and wtf are these plants?? I need a way to avoid these terrible monsters'
vipris

Postby Zazzlegut on Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:20 pm

Okay, I'll give it a go. I think the piety numbers are probably way out of whack, but the flavour is there.

Deity: Buck Nekkid

God of the unencumbered.

Upon joining : everything in your inventory is removed, including items that are normally not convertible (which can be useful for getting rid of certain items at the right time). In exchange you get an instant 100 piety.

Preparation penalty : removes one inventory slot ( you don't really need it anyway)

Desecration: Instantly lose one inventory slot you have and anything that is in it...slot is determined randomly

Nudists: Kills made while all inventory slots are empty gain +1 XP and +3 piety
Decision makers: Converting items on the ground before adding them to inventory gains +10% CP for the item and +2 piety small item, +5 piety large item
Appreciation: Grants +2 piety every time one of his boon spells is used

Dislikes :
Encumberment: Killing any monster while having a clothing item (gloves, boots, armor, helmet) in an inventory slot results in the XP calculation being done as if the monster was 2 levels lower. Also, -10 piety.
Shoppers: Buying any item that is not a potion or food. -20 piety.
Quitters: converting to another deity...conversion is allowed but piety drops to zero after conversion and all of his boon spells disappear (active death protections remain).

Boons :
Phantom fire (boon spell) - (70 piety) Player can cast BURNDARYAZ for 4 mana points and does not require the glyph. Takes up one inventory slot. .
Phantom speed (boon spell) - (30 piety) Player can cast GETINDERE for 1 mana point and does not require the glyph. Takes up one inventory slot.
Pure force - (70 piety) Player gets +6 base damage on all non-magical attacks. This boon does not stack.
Raw power - (70 piety)Player gets +6 base damage on all magical attacks. This boon does not stack.
Phantom life (spell boon) - (100 piety) Player gains one level of death protection. The boon is stackable. Multiple uses.
Zazzlegut

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons