[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - What Else Do You Play?

What Else Do You Play?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: What Else Do You Play?

Postby dislekcia on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:23 pm

dislekcia

Postby sitnaltax on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:52 pm

sitnaltax

Postby dislekcia on Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:54 am

Wow, that's a pretty hardcore deck - especially the Vis. I really like the fireballs as gifts, I think the biggest issue for LotD for me is never really being sure which particular flavor I'm going to get, so it's hard to try and plan around that final battle.

And yeah, infinite tends to rely on Storm, but there are other ways too. I think my fav is complete deck lockdown by banishing/stealing everything an enemy has. This tends not to be so great against LotD tho...
dislekcia

Postby sitnaltax on Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:42 am

In case you weren't aware, the ramblings when you start a level each give a clue to the LotD's powers. For example, "When he dances, thoughts wither and die" refers to the power that degrades your cards.

That said, I try to think of the L3 boss as the "real" end of the game; there are lots of fun-to-build-and-play archetypes, including basically anything defensive, that the LotD just totally shuts down.

Also, my biggest frustration with DQ is that you basically live or die based on the monster mix in L2 and L3. If too many monsters spawn at too high level, you just hit a wall. Making the monster mix consistently fair is something that DD got much better.
sitnaltax

Postby zayyeh on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:45 pm

We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

Postby dislekcia on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:41 pm

dislekcia

Postby sitnaltax on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:17 am

Unfortunately for fans of Dream Quest, he's now working on a somewhat higher budget online card game... Hearthstone.

http://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Peter_Whalen
sitnaltax

Postby dislekcia on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:48 am

dislekcia

Postby dislekcia on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Dream Quest just came out on Steam, for those of you made curious by my undying affection for the game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/557410
dislekcia

Postby zayyeh on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:09 am

I know he made game for himself, and then decided to release it, but man, is it really costs that much to get some nice graphics and slightly improve design?.. I just don't get it..
We made an expansion and it is awesome. Download over at ddmod.weebly.com.
zayyeh

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons