[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - What Else Do You Play?

What Else Do You Play?

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: What Else Do You Play?

Postby sitnaltax on Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:01 am

DCSS, why has nobody mentioned DCSS? It's a classic-style roguelike, my favorite of the modern generation, and it's interesting to see how some of its design principles, taken to their logical extremes, ended up as Desktop Dungeons.

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. Several of these games have ended up in my wishlist. Dream Quest looks intriguing but the non-Web-page way of buying it on PC is weirding me out.
sitnaltax

Postby Nurator on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:17 am

I tried the Factorio demo, but didnt liked it... it was more like a minecraft clone than anything else. Leap Day looks promising! I subscribed to their mailing list :)
Nurator

Postby William on Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:31 pm

So I bought Spelunky and The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on the Steam autumn sale. I guess I should say goodbye to any spare time I would have had. :)
"Because Goatperson"
William

Postby chandl34 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:43 am

I was making good progress on my backlog, then I fell into the Paradox black hole. First Europa Universalis II, then Crusader Kings 1, and now Crusader Kings 2. They haven't beaten my time sunk into Mount & Blade: Warband years ago, but they're getting there. Both CK1 and CK2 take +120 hours for a single 1066 playthrough, so it's easy for that time to build up.

Before all this, I had a great time with all the DROD games and Legend of Grimrock 1&2.
chandl34

Postby Nurator on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:59 am

After christmas, I thought why not reopen this thread to christmas gifts. What new games did you get that you play at the moment? What can you recommend?

I personally play "Life is strange" at the moment. This was the second best time I EVER spent 10 bucks on a game.

You play an 18 year old girl at a school of arts, that has typical teenager problems with gossip/boys/etc. in a soap like fashion. At every turn you have to make meaningful deep decisions, that really influence the story, so you really play YOUR story. This makes the character so incredibly realistic, that I kept dreaming at night, that the main character of the game was a real person, that hung out with me... or kept me awake a whole night, because I couldnt come over the fact what I (I mean in the game, but it was ME) did! I cant remember another game, that had such a huge impact on me long after I played it.

Oh and another cool thing: You can turn back time, so you can look at the outcome of most decisions you choose. But of course some of them will haunt you a while later and then its too late to go back... Steam has a whoppin 96% user recommendation (this even tops DD incredibly 90% recommendation, which is still obscurely high), so if you have 20 bucks (not on sale anymore) to spare, get this game!
Nurator

Postby Tinker on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:01 pm

"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby smuglapse on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:13 pm

smuglapse

Postby Nurator on Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:37 am

I am halfway through ;-) I was wondering if everthing will stay consistent or if they mess up big time^^ I didnt read your spoiler, so I will see :)
Nurator

Postby Nurator on Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:53 am

Ok now I am through the game and it was a masterpiece! I never felt so immerged into another story, so I am totally on smuglapses side.

But you are right, another play through wouldnt be as good, because you would know too much...
For the one time experience, it was monstrous! I am kinda relieved I am through the game now. The burden of saving the world was heavy on my shoulders :D
Nurator

Postby flap on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:12 am

With all that Star Wars fuss, I have retrieved my old joystick and purchased X wing alliance on GOG.
Ah it feels so good ! I had played the first X wing game a loooong time ago, and xwa revives nice memories.
flap

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons