[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 390: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 120: preg_filter(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
QCF Design Community • View topic - The Games

The Games

All things Desktop Dungeons

Re: The Games

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:45 am

@devilchn:

I am going to revise the Difficulty Multiplier for VGT, so please hold on while I get more opinions from people.

And, I have removed the first boss kill component, so likely that is not going to change. It's a bit hard to say whether mini-bosses in the lower floors of VGT should count as bosses or not but since I didn't mention specifically, I would say it would have been counted if first boss kill component was still in.

So, for the following reasons, I am intending to change Difficulty Multiplier for Vicious Gaan-Telet from 10 to 16 (double of other Vicious Dungeons):

1. Even with preps, VGT is much harder to beat as compared to using preps to beat other Vicious Dungeons. This is my own opinion only (what I feel) and the veterans or experts may think otherwise.

2. The score for a Purist Vicious Token victory of VGT should be worth much higher than what it currently is. I am sure the difficulty definitely quantifies this.

How does everyone feel about the change? Bumping up Difficulty Multiplier for VGT from 10 to 16? I feel that it is a good value, do let me know if you feel other values or more suitable. Thanks!

Also, since I am getting people's opinions, how do you feel if the First Boss Kill component was put back in? To be fair ...
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Darvin on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:11 am

Darvin

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:15 am

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Darvin on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:26 am

Darvin

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:40 am

~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:26 am

1. Ok, how about this, let me know which value you think would be most suitable for the difficulty multiplier for Vicious Gaan-Telet? Proposed Range: 12 to 16.

2. Put back in First Boss Kill component? Agree or Disagree? Let me know too.

Thanks! :)
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby Tinker on Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:24 am

Whatever you end up scoring, you'll "get what you measure". For example, the current system is skewed towards valuing Purist Vicious + VT games, with lots of badges and/or very short completion time.

I think if your goal is just to have fun, it doesn't really matter how the scoring works, as long as it moves folks to post/try some runs. If your goal is to measure some degree of skill or achievement, you may find it more difficult to come up with "the right" scoring metric, as it might be different for everyone...
"Thinker", just without the "ache".
Tinker

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:04 am

For the time being, I am adding back in First Boss Kill component and setting Difficulty Multiplier for VGT to 12 (up from 10).

@devilchn: I am only counting the "special" mini-bosses in the sub-floors of VGT as bosses, and I have to assume it is the Goblin that you killed at level 5 rather than the L8 Gorgon which you killed at level 1.

@Tinker: For bosses that resurrect, only actually killing them counts, so I have to take the 2nd form kill as a proper first kill.

Have revised the leaderboard accordingly.
~'(^ + ^)'~

Postby devilchn on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:39 am

devilchn

Postby ~'(^ + ^)'~ on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:42 am

~'(^ + ^)'~

PreviousNext

Return to Desktop Dungeons